The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-30-2014, 06:20 PM   #1
70shtbx

'70 C30 w/Franklin Motor home

About 8 years ago I bought a '70 c30 w/franklin motorhome, that I had driven by, next to a farmers barn, for a couple of years, for $400.00. A couple of months worth of work and I took it 1,500 miles round trip to Sturgis w/few problems, it has been sitting ever since. Always thought of it as my retirement motor home but the reality is that it would be cool but it would take a lot of money, still be a big ugly camper, to me she's beautiful, and I would never be as comfortable as a newer one and I hate to admit it but comfort is more desirable as I get older. lol My thought is to remove the camper and store it, already have the cab corners and rockers, interior is great, have a low milage 454 sitting around to replace the 350, shorten the long frame, drop it w/spindles, springs and such or bagit, paint it and put a modern camper on the frame or get a dually box for it and put a big truck camper on it, could take it off when I wasn't planning on camping and cruise ww/da truck.

Any thoughts or pics would be appreciated.
Attached Images

70shtbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 07:05 PM   #2
hugger6933

Re: '70 C30 w/Franklin Motor home

Welcome to the board. I don't know squat about the travel parts of the motor homes I don't ever get to go anywhere anyways. I think it would be super sharp as a dually type truck with a steel bed on it maybe a wide regular bed with stepside fenders grafted onto the bedsides? to make a dually looking bed It has been done and does look good. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 07:19 PM   #3
70shtbx

Re: '70 C30 w/Franklin Motor home

Looked at a few of those builds and I agree it looks sharp, Depending how I bag it or how low I can go and still put a truck camper in the bed, is the question. And they can always be bought cheaper than you can build them for. lol
70shtbx is offline   Reply With Quote