The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-30-2014, 09:31 PM   #1
TKulak

5.3 Swap Advice 71 C10

First time poster. I have looked at many of the swap threads but need some advice. I have the entire driveline/vehicle (2001 Suburban). Front end collision, driveline unhurt, radiator forward trashed.

I need advice on motor mount plates, stands. I want to run the stock a/c compressor if I can get it to hook up to something like a vintage air system. If not then Sanden. I have not done this swap so I don't know all the ins and outs of the adjustable motor mounts.

Blazer fuel tank or something equivalent for the fuel injection swap? What about shifter for the auto trans? Aftermarket column or what is the best alternative? Any input appreciated. Five or six lug? What is the most economical swap kit with drop spindles? I know I am missing stuff so throw it out there if you have any input. Also, can you use 80s suspension stuff for a better ride? I thought i remembered reading this some place? I have done a lot of builds, this will be the first with this combo. When this one is done, going to do a 63 BelAir wagon. Thanks in advance!!
TKulak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:08 AM   #2
TKulak

Re: 5.3 Swap Advice 71 C10

Anyone???
Old 12-05-2014, 09:12 AM   #3
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

Your asking a heap of questions, most of which could be found here..http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=456787

But Ill hit on some of them anyway.

You can use your stock mounts, get you the adapter plate, most like Dirty Dingo since they are adjustable, you will need to trim you PS frame a bit to accomidate the stock LS compressor, also you will need some hose manifolds like ones from DOc's Blocks( someone makes them but they arent called that any more) your stock AC system or an aftermarket one will work fine, see the FAQ for more details. I would concider a tank from Boyd's welding, they are a vendor here and have a great product. you can use a locar shift cable or rods, if your keeping the stock 3 speed trans, just use that. use the column you have, it will work fine. look at our vendor area to find someone who offers a good deal on drop spindles, CPP or ECE are real good but dont buy from CPP, customer service isnt good. If your truck is a 71 you already have disc brakes and power steering, keep that but rebuild if it looks worn.

Good luck, take your time and do it once.

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:49 PM   #4
TKulak

Cool Thanks