The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-24-2015, 09:35 PM   #1
Dustint

New wheels finally arrived

Finally settled on and got my new wheels, Ridler 695 series chrome 20x8.5 4.75'' backspace, and 20x10 5.5'' backspace. Got them from wheelsforless.com. Had read some mixed reviews about the site, but I am totally happy with the wheels and service, just wanted to share that tid bit, in case anyone else is considering them, or on the fence, was the cheapest price I found on these wheels. Will have more pics of them on the truck hopefully soon, have a few more parts to round up and will be going through the s10 suspension on my 48, front to back.
Not the best pics, but get the idea

Dustint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 11:24 PM   #2
HUSSEY

Re: New wheels finally arrived

Good looking wheels, I'll look forward to seeing how they look on your truck. I haven't figured out what I want yet. Thinking 18 front and 20 rear.

I did the entire front suspension on my S10. Bought all Moog parts from Rock Auto, really good prices, almost 1/2 of the local part stores.
HUSSEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 11:49 PM   #3
Dustint

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSSEY View Post
Good looking wheels, I'll look forward to seeing how they look on your truck. I haven't figured out what I want yet. Thinking 18 front and 20 rear.

I did the entire front suspension on my S10. Bought all Moog parts from Rock Auto, really good prices, almost 1/2 of the local part stores.
Will be sure to get some pictures when I get them on, I've got quite a bit waiting, just need to get some more of the steering components, tie rod ends, etc. and figure out brakes..but Ive got shocks new springs all around, tubular control arms, an 8.5 rear end out of a 2000 xtreme, all waiting..so soon it will get quite an overhaul.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:55 PM   #4
HUSSEY

If you haven't done your front brakes yet consider putting Blazer front brakes on it. I installed Belltech front dropped spindles for a 2000 Blazer, sealed front wheel bearings, rotors, and caliper. Much stouter looking front brake set up. The rotors are larger and the calipers are twin piston. Everything simply bolted right together. I got the idea from AD engineering website:

http://www.ad-engineering.com/S10PartsInterchanges.html
HUSSEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 12:00 AM   #5
joedoh

I concur. and the blazer sealed bearings turn your spindle from an outie to an innie, you dont have the big bearing hat sticking out any more. the only drawback is the cost of drop spindles, they are about twice the cost of s10 truck drop spindles, but you can get them (Belltech 2102) on amazon for the best price.

I did this and a hydroboost swap on my s10 framed truck and the brakes will put you through the windshield with no lockup.

nice wheels, cant wait to see them mounted!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 01:31 AM   #6
Dustint

I'll probably go to an aftermarket bolt on kit for the s10, I've already purchased djm drop spindles for the s10, so dont really want to have to sell those and get new and such..but will see what happens, rear brakes may wait since not quite as much involved to change them. May not be quick progress, but hope to have all this done by late april for a local rod run.