The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 60-66 Suburbans

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-26-2015, 10:47 PM   #1
65chevysub

M/C and booster angle

I've been noticing that most of your trucks have the M/C and booster pretty much level. Ever since I installed my Master Power Brakes kit, mine seems to be angled too high. Does it look like it isn't made right? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, sometimes I really have to stand on the brakes to stop. I know this isn't right and am wondering if the angle of my setup has anything to do with this. I've bled the brakes, and still it does it.
Attached Images

65chevysub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:58 PM   #2
chevy_mike
Never Ending Projects

Re: M/C and booster angle

Did your brake pedal have two holes to mount the push rod to the booster or only one? If one, you need a hole 1" down from the original manual brake hole. If two, you want to use the lower hole. Power brakes need a different pedal ratio than manual brakes.

As for the angle, factory boosters were more level but many of the aftermarket have an angle. I think CaptFab's bracket keeps it more level and a number of folks use his bracket, which might be why you see more level than angled.
1965 Chevy C10, Long, Fleetside, Hot Rod C10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=415702 SOLD

We were given two ears and one mouth for a reason... listen twice as much and speak half as often...
chevy_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:58 AM   #3
65chevysub

Re: M/C and booster angle

Chevy Mike. I think I drilled a 2n hole in the pedal arm when installed the kit. I'll check tomorrow to be sure. I may eventually get on of the Captains brackets to level it out. Just trying to get the truck to get better mileage than the 4MPG I'm getting now. Thanks for the answer.
65chevysub is offline   Reply With Quote