The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-28-2015, 01:32 AM   #1
six two swb

Smile fuel line kit with every thing

hi all new to the site started putting my 66c10 fuel system from under bed tank to fuel rails to get it started the kit i use is from S.U.R.& R. the kit is a KP1500 for about 375.00 it contains the nylon fuel li in 3/8 5/16 return if you are going to use return line i dont have any pics yet no camera yet worked very well for me let me know guys n gals hope this helps.
six two swb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:58 AM   #2
oldman3

Re: fuel line kit with every thing

First welcome to the site. Pics would be great to see how you run this system, etc. Also any additional info on how the install went, good and bad...Jim
oldman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 04:01 PM   #3
95light

Heading down this route myself but found the kit is really overkill. I decided to buy just the pieces I needed plus the pliers they sell and I believe it was a little over $100 shipped.

I went with 3/8 line supply and return and I'll be able to do it with one 25' piece. The connectors are nice since you can just push and release and you can use a early 90's Caprice fuel filter with an integrated bracket and use the same push in connectors.
95light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 06:42 PM   #4
faribran

Please list more info on this. Like 95light, I might not need complete kit
Old 01-28-2015, 08:02 PM   #5
six two swb

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman3 View Post
First welcome to the site. Pics would be great to see how you run this system, etc. Also any additional info on how the install went, good and bad...Jim
hi oldman3 just got in from the salvage yard where i work pulling parts all afternoon great place to work,but its what i like to do.thanks for the reply will try to answer most all qustions as possible my 66 c10 was a longbed now a short bed it has an ls1out of a2001 gmc 1/2 ton 2003 4l60e all stock orginal 66 rear end six all around was tired of azone an the green parts store hope this helps. very sharp truck oldman3
six two swb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:50 AM   #6
oldman3

Sounds like a great little truck, and thank you for the compliment on mine...Jim
oldman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:08 AM   #7
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Here's a pic of what he's referring to for anyone looking.

Its basically a mechanic's nylon line assortment kit, to be clear its not a swap specific kit of any sort. It does have most of whats needed, obviously fuel filters etc not included. You will have a bunch of extra parts, which is good if you need them, but your paying for it.

If you have a good parts store, there are often assortment kits like this available. I'm all for it if its making the swap better for ya'll; but just know that spending the time to review many of the parts lists and fuel system installs detailed on here can probably save you a good % of the $375 price tag. Similar amount of money did my stainless braided system the first time.

Six Two Swb - pictures of any project are mandatory or we stare angrily at our keyboards.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 01:55 PM   #8
gagliano7

This kit worked for 1992 swap. Kit is very easy to use. Amazon.com: S.U.R.& R.Auto Parts KP1200 Fuel... Amazon.com: S.U.R.& R.Auto Parts KP1200 Fuel...
gagliano7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 03:05 PM   #9
95light

Just a little more info from my use. I bought from handsontools.com and they only charged $8.xx for shipping and I got it dropped shipped from the manufacture in about two days. You really only need their clamp tool which was about $6 and the cutter which I already had and I'm sure you could pick up something from lowes or homedepot for cheap. I bought extra clamps but I don't think I'll need them since every fitting comes with one. The nylon is super easy to work with and the fitting go on the nylon by hand without the need for wd40 or anything like that.

I love the fittings since you don't need a tool to pull them off, just press the button. I would suggest buying some metal 90's that they sell for tight turns. I only needed them near the gas tank and they help make it look more professionally done. I'll post a pic or two when I'm done.
95light is offline   Reply With Quote