The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-28-2015, 12:40 PM   #1
Tilt

Transgo HD2 shift kit

For those of you that have this kit in a 4L80, How hard does it shift? It has been YEARS since I've rode in anything with a shift kit but I remember a couple of them shifting pretty hard while just cruising around town, to the point where it was annoying.
LQ9/4L80 swap (SOLD)
Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:22 PM   #2
clinebarger

Re: Transgo HD2 shift kit

I am not a fan of the HD-2 kit. The most important thing it does is "dual feed" the Direct clutches without tearing the unit down.

The HD-2 kit comes with a separator plate to dual feed 3rd, It's kind of hokey in my opinion.

The correct way is to remove the center lip seal in the direct drum, Remove the sealing ring that separates the 3rd & reverse circuits on the center support & block the reverse passage in the case next to the center support bolt.

Hard shifts come from heavy accumulator springs or blocking accumulators & larger separator plate holes along with large boost valves.

A quality rebuild, Borg Warner Hi-energy frictions, Dual feed directs, Sonnax "large ratio" Boost valve, Stouter Direct return springs & Intermediate clutch snap ring are all that is needed to make these units live behind 550 ft lbs for a long, long time.
clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote