The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-22-2015, 01:13 AM   #1
blazercrazy70

What is everbody doing for transmission lines

Trying to decide what to do for transmission lines try to bend up new steel ones or run some sort of braided line for them what is everybody's thoughts. I have never ran any -AN fittings so not familiar with it sure it is not hard just expensive
blazercrazy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 02:30 AM   #2
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: What is everbody doing for transmission lines

which trans?

For my 80e, I was adding a fan cooler for the trans so the stock hard lines didn't offer a ton of use to me. I got the 80e trans fittings which output to AN, then fabbed some braided lines with 90*S on the ends to stay tight to the trans. Setting up the lines is pretty easy.

You could also use the stock hard lines at the trans, then run a hard-tube to AN adapter and go braided from there if you want.

Some folks will use the stock hard lines, cut them, then run trans hose with double clamps. This is actually really common (and in the instructions for cheap trans coolers). Its not the best way, and certain racing applications can generate enough trans pressure to make this unsafe. Its doable for stock swaps tho.

You can combine pretty much any of these techniques to build or adapt what you need. I have the process of adding my trans cooler and the lines I made in my build if you need some ideas.

The 60e would be pretty much the same, but the fittings are different on the trans end.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 02:46 PM   #3
Daaaanz67

Re: What is everbody doing for transmission lines

All AN lines and fittings. Didn't get crazy with the steel braded stuff just used cloth/nylon braded but made sure it was routed away from heat and sharp stuff.
Daaaanz67 is offline   Reply With Quote