The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-23-2015, 02:04 PM   #1
Hollow65

Re: engine dyno vs chassis dyno

When was the last time someone here has been on a dyno? I haven't been since 99-00. Back then 10 seconds was real fast. Now we have 7 second street cars. If I made 642 then on an old school dyno, I'm sure my numbers are different today. Super73 spent a lot of time on a dyno trying different camshafts. I'm curious which one made more power and which went through the rpms faster? I've heard it's better to be able to rip through the rpms range than to be pumped about a peak number. The torque curve is where it's at.

Last edited by Hollow65; 08-23-2015 at 02:12 PM.
Hollow65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 07:32 PM   #2
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: engine dyno vs chassis dyno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow65 View Post
When was the last time someone here has been on a dyno? I haven't been since 99-00.
I haven't had mine on a dyno in like a year and a half. I just did heads/headers/mounts/massive tune change so its needing some dyno time. You can do so much stuff now with the eddy current (sp?) and roadforce dyno's to make false load and all that, that things have become soooo convoluted.

I've heard the conversation is even worse with diesel guys. They have been using them to put huge amounts of load onto the drivetrain so they can come up on huge boost #'s really early (without having to load up their own brakes). You can swing TQ #'s significantly by doing so.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote