The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-21-2015, 08:41 PM   #1
frontlinetrainer

73-80 Where to Buy sheet metal ect!?

Sorry if repost, I searched and could not find an answer to this question anywhere on forum...

Where in sam heck can I buy body mount brackets for a 78' K10...or even better, where can I find "Radiator Support Bracket"s ect. I see listings for 81-87 but nothing for 73-80. Any help with any supplier of ANY other sheet metal that you guys recommend would be awesome, Thanks in Advance!!!

I'm trying to give this truck a second chance at life but it seems I always buy the one vehicle you can't get parts for...tv shows pull 100yr old cars and "Only 5 ever made!" vehicles out of the junkyard and seem to have no problem, LOL
frontlinetrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:04 PM   #2

Re: 73-80 Where to Buy sheet metal ect!?

http://www.brotherstrucks.com/departments.asp?dept=430
2120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:07 PM   #3

Never mind just re-read your post and I see you're looking for the actual brackets and not rubbers. Your best bet is going to be the salvage yards or somebody that's parting out a truck.
2120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:27 PM   #4
frontlinetrainer

yeah...about that...I'm up to THREE of these trucks and they are All shot out, LOL...didn't just buy each for that though...got one for it's drivetrain, the other for the cab and the third I was originally gonna use for parts but didn't realize 2wd differed so much from 4wd. All in all I will still get at least ONE truck out of this deal but it's gonna take a lot work...gonna have to strip all of them to the frame to get the parts I need of each...sigh...how do I get myself into these messes <

...what's up with this year range...no problem finding them for 81-87!!!
Old 08-21-2015, 09:32 PM   #5
frontlinetrainer

40's, 50's, 60's...80's...NO PROBLEM. This appears to be the red headed step child model.

I either need to park them in the back 40 for another 20yrs until they are more collectible and more parts are available...or start shopping for all the parts to rebuild a truck BEFORE I decide what truck to buy!
Old 08-23-2015, 03:56 PM   #6
J Lee

You are talking about the bracket that is welded to the frame the mount bushings sit on, correct? Are yours rusted out or broken off? I know around here the bodies on them tend to rust but the frames are usually good. I will keep my eyes open for them. Check with Keystone automotive industries for sheet metal, I know they had most of the front sheet metal a couple years ago.

Jeff
J Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 09:28 PM   #7
frontlinetrainer

well nevermind...the brackets are solid enough...just the tops where the holes are are all rotted out so I cut away rotted section and fabricated new and welded that on. There's one hurdle out of the way, next up Grafting sections of windshield area into this truck off another...bottom area where windshield sits is rotted out in couple areas but both trucks are rotted in DIFFERENT areas...yay me, one small victory
Old 08-29-2015, 07:42 PM   #8
KrazyRay

If you need some non rusty parts, I have a gang of 73-80 parts trucks.
Thanks,
Ray
KrazyRay is offline   Reply With Quote