The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-10-2015, 11:21 PM   #1
cru_zn_29

GenIV Throttle

I am trying to come up with pedal/ wiring/ module that will work with GenIV 58x system.My 5.3 LY5 from 2008 Avalanche DBW Has anybody done this before?
cru_zn_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:35 AM   #2
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: GenIV Throttle

I know we talked in PM, but you might want to check out Hart_Rod's build.. I know he was one of the earlier GenIV swaps on the site here.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:36 AM   #3
cagodinez

The guy that reworked my harness told me I could use a 2008 Impala pedal so I did, I haven't finished my swap but it did plug right in. The Corvette pedal is too pricy for me.
Attached Images

cagodinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 10:45 AM   #4
dayj1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cru_zn_29 View Post
I am trying to come up with pedal/ wiring/ module that will work with GenIV 58x system.My 5.3 LY5 from 2008 Avalanche DBW Has anybody done this before?
There isn't an interface module for the pedal in a Gen IV system, so you just need the pedal its self. One of the few things about a Gen IV system that is actually simpler than Gen III is that all the pedals have the same internal sensors. I used a 2007 Monte Carlo SS pedal because it was cheaper than the Corvette pedal and a lot better looking than the giant truck pedal. The Gen IV pedals have a 6 pin plug and two wires need to be swapped in the harness to switch between Gen IV car and truck pedal styles (pins "D" and "F").
dayj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:23 PM   #5
cru_zn_29

Thanks for responding. When using the Monty Carlo pedal is there a jumper harness that is needed if so where doe's it go. I am using my OEM harness the only harness connection left is a 24 pin with a latch i have assumed it was for a module.Any help is much appreciated
Old 09-11-2015, 12:43 PM   #6
dayj1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cru_zn_29 View Post
Thanks for responding. When using the Monty Carlo pedal is there a jumper harness that is needed if so where doe's it go. I am using my OEM harness the only harness connection left is a 24 pin with a latch i have assumed it was for a module.Any help is much appreciated
I've only used the harness from a truck application And it has a sub harness for the pedal. It connects to the accelerator pedal and the brake switch (among a few other things) and passes through the firewall where it plugs into the engine harness.
dayj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:51 PM   #7
indymachinist

If you are trying to go on the cheap these pedals are starting to show up quite a bit in the junk yards. A Pic-A-Part type yard should have them in there.

My 1968 Chevy shortbed stepside build
indymachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:45 PM   #8
Mr.chivo

Im using one out of a 2009 van, its a slim good looking pedal but might have to modify the angle of the actual pedal position, it curves a lil too much for my taste.
Mr.chivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 03:27 PM   #9
cru_zn_29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayj1 View Post
I've only used the harness from a truck application And it has a sub harness for the pedal. It connects to the accelerator pedal and the brake switch (among a few other things) and passes through the firewall where it plugs into the engine harness.
So now i am seeing this clearly. I need the sub harness for my truck harness and i don't need the module. Thanks