The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1988-1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-16-2015, 07:33 AM   #1
special-K
Special Order

Re: WTB: Early Chevy W/T Grille

She's tweaked, ain't she? The cop who busted my window to let me out asked if I was hurt and I answered in a very bummed voice, "Just my feelings". Then he said, "That was nice truck". "Yeah" was all I said as I dazed at it. I had about 15k on a custom-built Peninsular Marine 6.5TD with a custom cam by Diesel Depot I had them install. With intercooler it was pumping 340+hp. It was kind of a prototype. Peninsular didn't like the idea of using their cam, but after saying I don't care about a warranty I convinced them if this combo worked out it could be their next big thing. As it turned out, no warranty was needed . It was a badass little underdog diesel with more hp than any Cummins, Power Stroke, or Duramax at the time ('02). She was a coal burner...black smoke was what those guys saw. Of course, I didn't build the truck to put diesel punks down (they didn't exist yet anyway), she was built to work. Tool bins and bed loaded with tools, racks loaded with ladders/walkboards/pump jacks, and loaded trailer she's climb the mountains like they were flat. They offered them in 300hp, but I just looked and now they are 340hp, so maybe they use that cam now. I see they now use a forged crank. I always wondered why GM didn't and my post-production version (GEP) still didn't, though the blocks are higher nickle with beefier main webs. I would have liked it to be supercharged. (second vid)
I wish I had a better example, but this thing has one of their motors.
https://youtu.be/nFpIXZSBetA

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 10-16-2015 at 07:47 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote