The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-08-2015, 01:55 PM   #1
72_K10_Vegas

Complete Rebuild Reassembly Sequence

Gents,
I am performing a complete rebuild. Down to every last nut and bolt, (sigh). Some stock, some not. I have just received all the sheet metal back from the painter, have all the frame, drive train, suspension and under the hood ready. Like a lot of us, I have done this over the last 18 months as the pocketbook allows. I noticed I have purchased some items before I really needed them, and it delayed other important work.

I was wondering if anyone had created a spreadsheet detailing the sequence of reassembly work that I could modify to fit my build? I have one started, but there is a lot of knowledge here on the board. I am certain it would save me some heartbreak and ultimately, positively impact my completion date. Thanks.
Old 11-08-2015, 02:15 PM   #2
jocko

Re: Complete Rebuild Reassembly Sequence

Not sure if there is start-to-finish list out there, but I think yours will be created just fine as long as you go. Keeping an in-order disassembly list will provide you the reassembly order and will come in very handy. Such as - while it might seem like you should remove the trim first, you'll discover that since you have the luxury of full disassembly the emblems and trim for the fenders go come off and go on much easier and with better access if you do so with the sheet metal OFF the truck. That's just one of a thousand examples that you'll come across as you disassemble. Piling the stuff in order is a good help also, but since much of it will need to be refurbished, that's not always possible. Room to store is important also. Good luck, looking forward to watching the progress. Build thread?
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 02:25 PM   #3
hugger6933

Set the drive train in the frame then cab assemble what you can there. Then do front or rear stuff next putting together the bed will make it look a lot more like a truck and give you a little more motivation to push through. That is the rough order I use when I frame a rebuilder. I rebuild late model wrecks and have used a few different orders in the past but when doing a frame off the order I set out really makes it look like a truck as quickly as possible
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 05:29 PM   #4
cooperhw

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugger6933 View Post
Set the drive train in the frame then cab assemble what you can there. Then do front or rear stuff next putting together the bed will make it look a lot more like a truck and give you a little more motivation to push through. That is the rough order I use when I frame a rebuilder. I rebuild late model wrecks and have used a few different orders in the past but when doing a frame off the order I set out really makes it look like a truck as quickly as possible
This ^^^ is the order I go too.
cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote