The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-08-2015, 09:23 AM   #26
special-K
Special Order

Re: Well..... Let er have it.... Be brutal....

Ordinarily, I'd say it's all about being that same truck no matter what work it takes. It's the same truck that was titled to your dad no matter if all the parts were replaced. But, this one is in the sat long enough to ruin it category for me. I'd have to start with a better truck and duplicate the original. It could also end up with the same paper work if you wanted it to.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 12:53 PM   #27
Boog
laying low

Sentimental reasons make you want to keep this one and restore it. Financially it doesn't make sense to put money into one this far gone. Unless, of course, your pockets are way deep. Your $3000 figure will be eaten up real quick and you will not have the truck you envisioned. That body has cancer and it will only get worse.
Your best bet might be to find another truck with decent body and no drive train and move yours over into it and paint it up like this one. It would still be a truck like dad had.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 01:16 PM   #28
67-C20-CST

if you have the time, skills, patience, and money I say go for it. People ask me all the time what my truck is worth and how much I have into it. I tell them I have way more into it than it is worth and I don't care. Truck was purchased brand new by my grandfather. Me my brothers and my sister have a lifetime of memories in it. Now my kids, nieces and nephews have the same. Can't put a price on that, worth every dime and every ounce of my time to keep it alive. One day it will go to one of my kids to share with their kids and grand kids.
67-C20-CST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 05:42 PM   #29
cooperhw

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubds10 View Post
Personally, I'd do mechanicals to get it a solid driver, pressure washer it & use it as a hauler. It's pretty far gone and requires extensive bodywork = time, money, skill. For that amount you can buy solid trucks else where & even if out of town you'll be ahead in the end. I've always passed on trucks with that much rust because it may as well be a full cab swap at which time I rather just buy a completely solid truck lol
^^^I would also do something like this above^^^.
Teach your kids about making something with what you have, some time, and effort. Teach em to patch. On something like this I would find an old washer or dryer and tear the box off it. perfect guage metal, powder coated. Make great patch panel material (older units are best). Teach em how to work on an "old school" truck. Keep telling em stories of what you and your dad did with this truck. Once it's gone, you never get another chance.
cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 06:06 PM   #30
bill3rail

JMHO...
Get her running, use her, let the kids learn how to drive with grandpa's truck.

Then spend your excess cash on another less rusty 67-72 to build that dream you have. Just don't take it out in the rain!

Bill