The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > Heavy Haulers

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-28-2015, 08:06 PM   #1
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

60 series crewcab for sale

not mine.....
on CT craigslist, 55K

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/5332988216.html

here is the description:
FOR SALE!!!
1966 Chevrolet Full Four Door Factory Four Door C60 Truck..
This body is a factory GM production truck built by CROWN Bodies For GM there are only about 500 in existence and not one of them is like this rare beauty..
Originally a Produced for the Municipal Industries this truck was more than likely a Fire Truck or Service Vehicle for a Water dept. Etc..
The Bed you see on it is the only Fabricated piece of the truck and it fits and shows very well to modern functionality. Bed is 10 Feet with track inside and Bedliner for full function..
Motor is a Chevrolet Big Big Block set to hold power at 3000 RPM with Gobs of Torque for Pulling just about anything you want..
Transmission is an Allison Automatic making it perfect for cruising or working
Rear end is 19.5 Eaton with a detroit locker. Super Single Rear Tires eliminating the Dual wheels and giving it an awesome rod look..
Seats are Brand new Chevy Silverado Pickup Buckets
the rest speaks for itself..
Tonsa Fun as stated on the back is an understatement..
If you like original items this is the one you want..
Recently appraised at 85000.00 this is a bargain for any truck enthusiast.
This build was completed 10 years ago and has been proven reliable with a mere 4000 miles on it..
Appraisal will be provided for serious interests..
This truck has not been listed anywhere else as of yet so strike whIle it's still a ghost..
Attached Images

Last edited by jonzcustomshop; 11-28-2015 at 08:14 PM.
jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 08:19 PM   #2
akaupp

Re: 60 series crewcab for sale

Wouldn't mind having that in the yard.

1964 K10
1964 C10
1965 Suburban
2005 Yukon
akaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 08:19 PM   #3
T and S

nice, but not 55K nice
Old 11-28-2015, 08:27 PM   #4
Blue666(2)

Very nice.
Blue666(2) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 08:45 PM   #5
Classic v6 GMC's

Quote:
Originally Posted by T and S View Post
nice, but not 55K nice
Agreed
Classic v6 GMC's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 09:24 PM   #6
scottco

Wow.... That's nice
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=649951
scottco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 09:27 PM   #7
padresag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic v6 GMC's View Post
Agreed
is it not worth 55,000 or that it is not worth 55,000. to you
there is substantial investment there.. the market may be slim for that vehicle, but that doesn't mean that it is not worth it!
ron
padresag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 10:06 PM   #8
Classic v6 GMC's

Quote:
Originally Posted by padresag View Post
is it not worth 55,000 or that it is not worth 55,000. to you
there is substantial investment there.. the market may be slim for that vehicle, but that doesn't mean that it is not worth it!
ron
I know there is a large investment there but it is not worth it to me.
Sorry if I stepped on toes
Old 11-28-2015, 11:03 PM   #9
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

But here's the thing, your only paying for someone else's choice in custom work, which to me is a detractor...and you're also paying for their labor.

A $5k truck with $30k in labor and $20k in parts will never be worth it to someone who does their own labor, since in effect, your paying the vast majority of the cost for nothing. While the body is very nice, and there is a rarity to the coachwork....its hard to pay $50k for a truck that just has some stock silverado seats put in it.

If you scout CL and auctions, you can find HD trucks from the 70-90's which can all be converted to pickups, and they can be had for pennies on the dollar.

Do I like it, yes! Would I condone anyone purchasing it unless they had money to blow? Never.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 12:16 AM   #10
padresag

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
But here's the thing, your only paying for someone else's choice in custom work, which to me is a detractor...and you're also paying for their labor.

A $5k truck with $30k in labor and $20k in parts will never be worth it to someone who does their own labor, since in effect, your paying the vast majority of the cost for nothing. While the body is very nice, and there is a rarity to the coachwork....its hard to pay $50k for a truck that just has some stock silverado seats put in it.

If you scout CL and auctions, you can find HD trucks from the 70-90's which can all be converted to pickups, and they can be had for pennies on the dollar.

Do I like it, yes! Would I condone anyone purchasing it unless they had money to blow? Never.
well I don't see anyone purchasing it unless they have the money to pay for it. usually the ones who diss it in the first place don't have the means to have and talk big , "that piece of cap ain't worth it" and try and bring it down to their level. there is a big difference in being honest about it. eg; one could say I can't afford a vehicle like that instead of oh it ain't worth that much. or perhaps saying well he only put a set of stock silverado seats in it.
I have been in business 40 years fixing and making things .
you give people a price for a job and it is either usually yes or no. sometimes they are shocked by the price(it might have been 30 years since they have evr had anything done and times have changed). usually it is I didn't expect it to be that much, i can't afford that or I don't think that it is worth that much. then you get the jerk who says get a life your charging to much, with no thought to what goes into it
there was this on job that I won't forget and this was late 70s and this young lady brought in this chair to be recaned and it was sheet cane. she asked me how much that it would be and I told her that it would 40.00 and it would be late fri afternoon. i was just finishing it off when her husband came in to pick it up. he was young and brash and tore into me for ripping off his wife with the 40.00 charge. I didn't say a word. I just flipped out the spline, took out the cane. I handed him the chair, showed him where the door was and then asked him if he liked sex in his travels. he was speechless and I still wonder what his wife said to him when he got home.
it is usually a certain age group of males that is the loudest.some never lose it though.
ron
Old 11-29-2015, 12:52 AM   #11
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

if I had 55k to spend I might grab that one, however with 55k I might also be able to find a OG 64-66 crew (4-7k) and then put 40k in it and have exactly what I want.....
this one was for sale for a couple years at 55K, it did finally sell though...
Attached Images

jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 02:14 AM   #12
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonzcustomshop View Post
if I had 55k to spend I might grab that one, however with 55k I might also be able to find a OG 64-66 crew (4-7k) and then put 40k in it and have exactly what I want.....
THIS

I think it also depends on the definition of "afford". To me, afford means cash, out the door and done. I see far too many (mostly young and inexperienced) guys in the trades get into 50k+ loans on Cummins Dodges. Can they "Afford" the payments? Well, yes...but only for until they realize that things like a savings account, rent, and medical bills add up quick.

Old 11-29-2015, 10:01 AM   #13
chevyrestoguy

I like the truck a lot, but it's out if my league price-wise. His asking price is high, but I can easily see how you could get your build cost up to 55k (or higher) if you're sending the work to a shop to have it done.

I've never had that kind of income to afford something like that. There are times when I've been deep into a project when I sure wish I did! I used to really look down on guys who buy finished vehicles, but as I get older, I totally understand why they do it.

My build threads:
'55 Chevy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=247512

'64 C-20: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=446527
chevyrestoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:51 AM   #14
66-PMD-GMC
The 60-66 GMC/Pontiac guy....

It's priced too high.. nice find... but an appraisal is an opinion..
And that vehicle isn't a 55k vehicle

Building Genuine Pontiac Firepowered cars and trucks for several decades.

Why Pontiac?? That's just me daring to be different.

Projects..

63 C10 Short Wheel Base fleetside (The Pro-Street) currently under reconstruction.
440CID 2X4 Pontiac
66-PMD-GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 11:32 AM   #15
71swb4x4

No doubt this guy has a ton of time and money into that truck. A truck isn't worth what you are willing to pay, it is worth what the buyer is willing to pay. Clearly many posters in this thread aren't buyers, so why are you setting this guy's price? Maybe the sale price is $55,000, maybe it isn't. Why do you want to poop on this guys truck and asking price because in your opinion the price is too high?
Old 11-29-2015, 11:50 AM   #16
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71swb4x4 View Post
No doubt this guy has a ton of time and money into that truck. A truck isn't worth what you are willing to pay, it is worth what the buyer is willing to pay. Clearly many posters in this thread aren't buyers, so why are you setting this guy's price? Maybe the sale price is $55,000, maybe it isn't. Why do you want to poop on this guys truck and asking price because in your opinion the price is too high?
Couldn't have said it better myself. Its worth 55K to the seller and if someone wants it bad enough...it'll be worth 55k to them.
TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 12:16 PM   #17
66-PMD-GMC
The 60-66 GMC/Pontiac guy....

That's true.. it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.
However... "I" never "pooped" on this truck or build.. I buy and sell these trucks for a living.. own 5 at the present moment and in my personal opinion.. he's asking double its realistic value..
BUT! ... More power to him if he does get it... lol.. makes mine all the more valuable. .

Building Genuine Pontiac Firepowered cars and trucks for several decades.

Why Pontiac?? That's just me daring to be different.

Projects..

63 C10 Short Wheel Base fleetside (The Pro-Street) currently under reconstruction.
440CID 2X4 Pontiac
66-PMD-GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 01:05 PM   #18
padresag

what would you rather have http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Other-V...-/252188311513
bigger trucks are also in a different category than light duty trucks. just about everything cost more. that is why they are higher priced when new, becuase they cost more to build.
when I was with IHC/Pacific Truck 1974 we had this old dodge tandem dump on the lot for sale anmd it had spent considerable time there. price on it was $9800.00 and lots said that was high. some of the other salesmen were bringing in offers of 3500.00 and the manager just laughed at them. I got a customer interested in it one day and I took a signed order in for it to the boss and he signed it right now. I had sold it for $9800.00 and put 8 new rear tires on it at about $175.00 each. Another time a couple of young fellows come in looking at a new IHC Scout II. we went out for a ride and they tod me that they had been both at the Ford and the GM dealer looking. I quoted them a price and they accepted. I took it into the boss and he approved it now. Next day he took me aside and said that he had been with the company for 25 years and that I had done a first. He had never seen anybody ever sell a vehicle at full retail, no trade. there was a saying around then, "different strokes, different folks". nothing is impossible but sometimes highly improbable.
you can buy and sell a lot of things cheaply if that is what it is worth. it does take skill to make a sale though.
ron
Old 11-29-2015, 01:07 PM   #19
Classic v6 GMC's

I never pooped on the truck, just stated that it is not worth what he is asking in my opinion.
Old 11-29-2015, 07:31 PM   #20
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

I pooped on a truck at the Milwaukee auto show when I was 9...it was a Ford.

Old 12-03-2015, 03:43 PM   #21
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

If you found a truck similar to that truck, you would spend at least $10k on the crew itself. then engine\trans, paint, body, electrical, the bed, misc. I believe you would have $35k plus your labor. $55k for that finished specialty truck I think that is reasonable asking price for the work it would take to replicate it, along with the fact a crew is pretty rare!

I do agree that $85k appraisal is a bit overboard but most of the appraiser's take the owners attachment into consideration as well.

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 11:32 AM   #22
Jim Timber

Appraisers get more business when they have happy customers. It may well cost $85K to reproduce that truck in a $110/hr shop, but that's like saying your cobalt SS is worth $40K to build from parts, so somehow it's worth that. It's not, because you can go buy a used one just like it for $4K - you can't go buy a custom built truck like this, so that changes the angle a lot.
Jim Timber is offline   Reply With Quote