The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2015, 12:02 AM   #32
kursed

Re: Walosi - 68 K10 lwb - VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgunlock View Post
Cool! Port Lavaca is my neck of the woods. Wonder how that bumper made its way to Virginia? Looks good on the truck.
Thanks man. I'm happy with how it came out. It's beat up a little and has a little rust on it, but all that stuff adds character man. Not sure how it got here, but I pulled it from a 68 2wd at a local junkyard. I was super happy when I found that gem. I have a slight addiction to neat accessories like that. One reason I got out of old VWs. There were so many cool old accessories for the old beetles, I could have spent a darn fortune just adding neat nick nacks.

I've looked all over the net trying to find some old pics of Marshall Chevrolet in port Lavaca TX, but I can't find any info on that dealership at all. No writing, pics, heck not even a mention of it.

I've got to rebuild some carbs for my friend's VW Beetle this week, but hopefully we can get the intake gasket on the old truck before the cold weather hits soon. Trying to take as much advantage of this warm front as I possibly can.
kursed is offline   Reply With Quote