The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-28-2015, 06:06 PM   #1
ptc

Re: Supercharger for my Apache

Diceman very cool project you have going on here. Cant believe I missed this....

The old supercharger style from the past is still alive and well for future use too. Im planning on using a centrifugal style supercharger on my 509 the same as you have your 6 setup.... kinda. Im hoping for more than 60mph and 22 sec 1/4 mile times with my setup!

Looking real good and cant wait for the final product!
Old 12-29-2015, 11:46 AM   #2
diceman50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptc View Post
Diceman very cool project you have going on here. Cant believe I missed this....

The old supercharger style from the past is still alive and well for future use too. Im planning on using a centrifugal style supercharger on my 509 the same as you have your 6 setup.... kinda. Im hoping for more than 60mph and 22 sec 1/4 mile times with my setup!

Looking real good and cant wait for the final product!
Thanks ptc, I haven't had much time to work on it lately because of the holidays and some out of town guests, but that's OK. This isn't one of those reality TV shows with some ridiculous deadline. However it has been my daily driver for the last 4-5 years and I miss driving it.

I checked out your 57 build. Very nice. I don't think I will be challenging you to any drag races.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:50 PM   #3
ptc

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman50 View Post
Thanks ptc, I haven't had much time to work on it lately because of the holidays and some out of town guests, but that's OK. This isn't one of those reality TV shows with some ridiculous deadline. However it has been my daily driver for the last 4-5 years and I miss driving it.

I checked out your 57 build. Very nice. I don't think I will be challenging you to any drag races.
Thank you, and keep up the good work, cant wait to see the results.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:09 PM   #4
diceman50

I finally got back into the shop today. Unfortunately I am still waiting on some parts that I need before starting the install of the "261". So, I decided to work on some of the other items that will be needed later.

I have had trouble with the gaskets between the Fenton split manifolds and the exhaust pipes so I decided to try the Remflex material. It is 100% graphite and approximately 1/8" thick. Supposedly it will crush to 1/2 that thickness to seal warped or pitted flanges. It is also supposed to withstand up to 3000 degrees. We'll see.

Unfortunately they don't make the gasket I need so I bought some blank stock. It is very soft and can be cut with a sharp knife but I decided it was easier to use a band saw and a scroll saw. I used a cheap Chinese brad point wood bit to drill the holes which worked very well. Actually I used a cheap Chinese band saw and scroll saw as well.

Old 12-30-2015, 11:11 PM   #5
Compton

Big fan of your truck and the safety wire. I love these little details and the questions that people have.

I plan on lock wiring every thing down on my apache build that I can just so people ask why or what is that.

The trouble is finding the fasteners when you are too lazy to drill them for the wire.

Good luck with the rest!!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=687265
Compton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 12:32 AM   #6
diceman50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compton View Post
Big fan of your truck and the safety wire. I love these little details and the questions that people have.

I plan on lock wiring every thing down on my apache build that I can just so people ask why or what is that.

The trouble is finding the fasteners when you are too lazy to drill them for the wire.

Good luck with the rest!!
Thanks Compton,

I get a lot of fasteners at a military surplus store. They have thousand's of AN fasteners that they sell for a dollar a pound. Every time I go over there I pick up a couple of pounds. I have even found titanium.