The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-28-2016, 04:43 PM   #1
Benny-

How low will it be??

So iIve got some Firestone 2600 bags laying around and I'd like to bag the rear of my truck for a lower stance that will still be able to two/haul. I'd like to run 2.5 drop spindles in the front and lower the rear 4 inches or so.

Question is, i have been planning on drilling holes in the frame and mounting the bag directly and running with schrader valves, but now I'm worrying that may be too low. If i can do it this way without mounting brackets that'd be great. If not i don't mind getting some brackets. How low will ride height be with the bags mounted straight to the frame? too low for only lower the front 2.5-3"?

Thanks!

1978 GMC K15 High Sierra.
Benny- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 08:20 PM   #2
BigMike

Re: How low will it be??

I have dominator 2600 bags all the way around. I have 2.5" dropped spindles up front and 1" blocks out back. My rear bags are bolted directly to the frame on top and small round plates on the trailing arms. I can raise my truck much higher than stock, yet drop it much lower than with my previous 3" & 5" springs got me. I have no idea where the ride height will be at yet because my bed is not on it yet (re-designing the rear inner fenders to clear my 275/60's on 10" wheels)

I think my upper rear plates were about 1.5" tall, by not installing them I can go that much lower. I think you will be fine without them and still be able to tow just fine. That's the beauty of bags, YOU decide how high or low you need to be.
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 10:00 AM   #3
Benny-

Re: How low will it be??

Thanks. I'll bolt them on and see what happens!

1978 GMC K15 High Sierra.
Benny- is offline   Reply With Quote