The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2016, 08:10 PM   #12
dazza

Re: Stop tripping and recycle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffahart View Post
Bet your kids keep their toys picked up now.... fear motivation... don't let dad touch your hover board... it will end up on the Chevy!
Well, my kids are of the nieces and nephews type, my only real kid is my truck! But now you have me thinking... a hover board... hmmm.

Quote:
I am a bit concerned about the lock on the box.....when stowed, is the door facing downwards?
When stowed, the lock is facing out, under the rocker. So far a heavy duty lock is what will go there, and although you can't see it unless you are crawling around looking for it, I may put some kind of cover that has easy access but keeps it from view. Maybe some little trick to move the cover aside. Above all that, I'm hoping my security system will be enough that myself or the Black Ops I have sleeping in the bed will be there before the lock can be cut!

Quote:
I'd consider adding some shelves in the box, so when it is swung down and open, you can load it up easier instead of having to pile stuff in the bottom and slam the lid shut before stuff tumbles out. The shelves would also act as baffles to keep the stuff from moving around so much and making noise when the box is swung up. The shelves would be made to fit specific pieces of equipment or tools. Might even be made out of wood and just slid in there.
Shelves or dividers are a great idea! I started to put my snatch block in there but realized that is a whole different project! The snatch block alone is pretty heavy. I bought this magnetic pad (pictured below) a few years back(I can't remember where, I thought HF but don't see them there now) and I cut it in half for something else. Anyways, it's very strong and hold things nicely so smaller loose things shouldn't fly around. I hope.
Attached Images

'72 K10 SWB, 350, sm465/np205
---- ----
dazza is offline   Reply With Quote