The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2016, 08:10 AM   #13
special-K
Special Order

Re: 67-72 on 88-98 frame?

I like 67-72s and I like 88-98s. I like them separately. I think they are GM's best designed modern trucks for the time they were built. The square bodies offered a more modern look (and more plastic and cardboard) on basically the same chassis/drivetrain. The '99-ups are basically the same thing, new style w/added unnecessary features on basically the same design. The 88-98s are classics now and cool in their own right. If I wanted a modern riding 4wd I would find myself a nice 88-98, drive it, and enjoy all it's other modern features and comfort with no elbow grease or added expense required (to leave more money to put into my '67 or '72). I know this is just me, and am fine with people doing what pleases them (ain't hurtin' me), but my take on this is why ruin two cool trucks to make one halfassed modern truck? It's not like these are not roadworthy on today's roads. It's not the same as the first hot rods that took antiquated cars from the teens into the '30s and updated with mid-century far more modern drivetrains to make them roadworthy. That only bothered purists. I'm not a purist, but I understand where they are coming from. Th fact is, there are plenty of both old school hot rods and original restored Model As out there 50-60 years later. Many that cars that are hot rods would have become scrap if not for the hot rod movement. Some old hot rods have gone into providing original bodies/frames for some of today's original restorations.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 06-01-2016 at 08:23 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote