The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-09-2016, 12:09 AM   #1
Super73

Re: Cruised to an 11.51@116 with turbo 5.3 (video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
I wish I could actually tell you, thats part of why it bothers me. The tuning part I'm learning from the best, but the "knowing wtf the auto trans is actually doing" part is where im behind the curve. None of the cars I'm referencing have come off of a tune we did, but (myself included) I've seen probably 5 now that have had aftermarket lockup converters get wrecked by 2 tuners at 2 facilities.

Once the owner told us the tuner had "set everything to lock in 3rd", which could mean anything. Another car had a log showing tcc lock being commanded at almost every TPS, but nothing weird in the tune. That lead us to believe that the tuner had set the TCC apply tables all really low and tried to force lockup through the whole pull, then just set it back....then we had a self-tuned car come in, saying a dyno operator did almost exactly the same thing to his tune because the car "wasn't putting down the right numbers".

Where are you setting your min and max lockup %? I only see the speed TCC release settings (which are all TPS and Speed based) and the Offset TCC table in the other tab.

I have not touched the Trans tune since going glide, so it should be as was with the 80e. If you are using hp tuners, send me your email and I will give you my file.
1/4---10.38 @ 126.97----9.24 @ 142.49
Super73 is offline   Reply With Quote