The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 02:24 PM   #1
Larry64

Front bed panel

64 short step. Who has had good luck with a new front bed panel and where did you order it from? Also is there a seal between the rear fenders and bed sides?
Thanks
Old 06-25-2016, 05:42 PM   #2
jayoldschool

Re: Front bed panel

I got mine from Top Banana, it fit fine other than opening up a couple of holes on the bottom flange. I used silicone between the tubs (also Top Banana) and the inner fenders, but mine's no show truck!

Old 06-25-2016, 05:55 PM   #3
Nsanehotrodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry64 View Post
64 short step. Who has had good luck with a new front bed panel and where did you order it from? Also is there a seal between the rear fenders and bed sides?
Thanks
Give us a call Monday, I have the front bed panels in stock as well as the fender seals.
Tennessee's #1 HotRod Shop!
Old 06-25-2016, 05:58 PM   #4
Nsanehotrodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayoldschool View Post
I got mine from Top Banana, it fit fine other than opening up a couple of holes on the bottom flange. I used silicone between the tubs (also Top Banana) and the inner fenders, but mine's no show truck!

When did you order your fleet side front bed panel? The company re tooled those front bed panels and they bolt right in! No slotting needed.
Old 06-25-2016, 06:13 PM   #5
jayoldschool

Couple years ago.
Old 06-25-2016, 08:22 PM   #6
Larry64

Nsanehotrodz I looked on your site, didn't see any front panels for the stepside.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:03 PM   #7
Nsanehotrodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayoldschool View Post
Couple years ago.
Yeah they have re-tooled those bed panels in the last few months. That took care of the holes that were a little off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry64 View Post
Nsanehotrodz I looked on your site, didn't see any front panels for the stepside.
Try part #0848-199 in the search bar on our website.
Old 06-26-2016, 06:50 PM   #8
jbgroby

Mar-K for mine.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:00 PM   #9
racecougar

Tried ordering through Nsane a few months ago, but cancelled the order after they were still unable to provide a delivery ETA a month after the order was placed. Ended up getting one from Classic Industries within a week, and it bolted right in.

Old 06-26-2016, 07:26 PM   #10
Nsanehotrodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by racecougar View Post
Tried ordering through Nsane a few months ago, but cancelled the order after they were still unable to provide a delivery ETA a month after the order was placed. Ended up getting one from Classic Industries within a week, and it bolted right in.

When the order was placed your were told that it would be atleast three to four weeks before they would be available as they were back ordered. You cancelled one week before they came in. Sorry that impatience got the best of you but we will not supply sub par parts just to get an order completed.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:35 PM   #11
racecougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsanehotrodz View Post
When the order was placed your were told that it would be atleast three to four weeks before they would be available as they were back ordered. You cancelled one week before they came in. Sorry that impatience got the best of you but we will not supply sub par parts just to get an order completed.
That isn't entirely correct. When the order was placed I was told I could expect an ETA within the next week or two. After two weeks, I was told that they should be in within the next week or two. After another two weeks, I was told that there was no firm ETA on the front panels. At that point I cut my losses and cancelled the order. I can understand delays, but the whole ordeal, including not receiving the full amount back, left me pretty well turned off on placing any subsequent orders.
Old 06-26-2016, 08:01 PM   #12
Nsanehotrodz

Quote:
That isn't entirely correct. When the order was placed I was told I could expect an ETA within the next week or two. After two weeks, I was told that they should be in within the next week or two. After another two weeks, I was told that there was no firm ETA on the front panels. At that point I cut my losses and cancelled the order. I can understand delays, but the whole ordeal, including not receiving the full amount back, left me pretty well turned off on placing any subsequent orders.
That is entirely untrue . Why would you receive a full refund on a partially cancelled order? You also ordered another piece that was delivered in a very timely manner. You were refunded in full for half the shipping and the unfulfilled part as soon as you cancelled the order. When parts are being shipped from another country we have no control over delivery. It would have been appreciated if you would have contacted us with any issues instead of soiling our name with an issue we had no idea even existed. You were informed as soon as the order was placed that the part was backordered and that it would ship as soon as it was available it was even on your receipt (that can be uploaded for proof of the situation) and you were refunded as soon as your order was cancelled.
Old 06-26-2016, 08:22 PM   #13
racecougar

Quote:
That is entirely untrue . Why would you receive a full refund on a partially cancelled order? You also ordered another piece that was delivered in a very timely manner. You were refunded in full for half the shipping and the unfulfilled part as soon as you cancelled the order. When parts are being shipped from another country we have no control over delivery. It would have been appreciated if you would have contacted us with any issues instead of soiling our name with an issue we had no idea even existed. You were informed as soon as the order was placed that the part was backordered and that it would ship as soon as it was available it was even on your receipt (that can be uploaded for proof of the situation) and you were refunded as soon as your order was cancelled.
Again, not quite correct. I received zero refund on the shipping charge, upon which I called and had to haggle with the receptionist for a partial refund. I ended up paying more for the part which I did receive than had I ordered it separately. As said above, after that experience I cut my losses and moved on, never "soiling your name". I've let it go, but that's not to say that I'd consider placing another order with your company.

That I was told that the front bed panel was on backorder is indeed correct. I outlined the full details of that transaction in my previous reply. Had there been honest and forthright communication regarding the ETA, especially after four weeks (at which point there was no longer an ETA at all), I would have been willing to "stick it out" a bit longer. To say that "impatience got the best of me" comes off as blaming the customer for giving up after a month of waiting for a part with a completely ambiguous delivery timetable.

I'm by no means "out to get you". As I said, I moved on months ago. Honestly relaying one's experience with a vendor is something that can be expected on a forum...otherwise it's nothing but a glorified advertisement.
Old 06-26-2016, 08:41 PM   #14
Nsanehotrodz

Quote:
Again, not quite correct. I received zero refund on the shipping charge, upon which I called and had to haggle with the receptionist for a partial refund. I ended up paying more for the part which I did receive than had I ordered it separately. As said above, after that experience I cut my losses and moved on, never "soiling your name". I've let it go, but that's not to say that I'd consider placing another order with your company.

That I was told that the front bed panel was on backorder is indeed correct. I outlined the full details of that transaction in my previous reply. Had there been honest and forthright communication regarding the ETA, especially after four weeks (at which point there was no longer an ETA at all), I would have been willing to "stick it out" a bit longer. To say that "impatience got the best of me" comes off as blaming the customer for giving up after a month of waiting for a part with a completely ambiguous delivery timetable.

I'm by no means "out to get you". As I said, I moved on months ago. Honestly relaying one's experience with a vendor is something that can be expected on a forum...otherwise it's nothing but a glorified advertisement.
I hate to keep this going but these statements about not being informed and refunded are untrue. I have documents that show how much you were refunded and when you were refunded, and I will break it all the way down to show that this situation has been inflated. Anyone that has ordered an in stock part from us has never waited more than a week (or two on large orders) to receive their parts. When the parts have to go over seas ,across the country, and then out to the customer it would be insane not to expect delays and 95% of the time the ETA changes several times. The bed panels we offer were out of stock because they were over seas being re-tooled for better fitment. We could have sent you one of the old bed panels and there again you would have been unhappy, but we wouldn't do that. I believe that if you moved on from the situation months ago, you would not be on here telling people we don't deliver. I hate that you were unsatisfied but we can't please everyone no matter how hard we try.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:09 PM   #15
racecougar

Quote:
I hate to keep this going but these statements about not being informed and refunded are untrue. I have documents that show how much you were refunded and when you were refunded, and I will break it all the way down to show that this situation has been inflated. Anyone that has ordered an in stock part from us has never waited more than a week (or two on large orders) to receive their parts. When the parts have to go over seas ,across the country, and then out to the customer it would be insane not to expect delays and 95% of the time the ETA changes several times. The bed panels we offer were out of stock because they were over seas being re-tooled for better fitment. We could have sent you one of the old bed panels and there again you would have been unhappy, but we wouldn't do that. I believe that if you moved on from the situation months ago, you would not be on here telling people we don't deliver. I hate that you were unsatisfied but we can't please everyone no matter how hard we try.
I've outlined what I was told and the process of refund in my replies above. I can present documentation as well if it really matters that much. I understand the sentiment that it's impossible to please everyone. My only advice would be to do the best you can to avoid a similar scenario in the future with other customers.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:31 PM   #16
hotrodjohn1956

As a Hot Rod Shop owner since 1978 I can sympathize with you. There are some people you can never make HAPPY. Customers don't realize between placing the order, time zones, the Mfgr. processing it, shipping and then receiving it and if there are no Back Orders, it takes at least a week. If you need it right away, then pay expedited freight. No, that's too much money, instead it's better to bad mouth the SHOP. Guys, get real, have a little patience and if you can't wait then give up the car hobby and start reading books, at least you can get instant gratification. CHILL OUT THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2016, 09:37 PM   #17
racecougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodjohn1956 View Post
As a Hot Rod Shop owner since 1978 I can sympathize with you. There are some people you can never make HAPPY. Customers don't realize between placing the order, time zones, the Mfgr. processing it, shipping and then receiving it and if there are no Back Orders, it takes at least a week. If you need it right away, then pay expedited freight. No, that's too much money, instead it's better to bad mouth the SHOP. Guys, get real, have a little patience and if you can't wait then give up the car hobby and start reading books, at least you can get instant gratification. CHILL OUT THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN!!!!!!
I completely agree, though what you've described doesn't match up to the situation described above. Again, I'm not looking to "bad mouth" anyone, just relay my experience with purchasing a front bed panel. That is what the OP requested after all.
Old 06-26-2016, 10:11 PM   #18
chevy_mike
Never Ending Projects

Closing this thread as it went off topic. If anyone has issues with any vendor, there is a Vendor Reviews area. Please post these type of posts in there. Sorry to the original poster for closing this thread.
1965 Chevy C10, Long, Fleetside, Hot Rod C10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=415702 SOLD

We were given two ears and one mouth for a reason... listen twice as much and speak half as often...
Closed Thread