The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-21-2016, 12:25 PM   #1
Sam63c10

New guy saying Hi and looking for Brake upgrade advice

Hello Folks new to the forum, looking around there is some great tech advice and a wealth of knowledge.
Im located in the UK and have recently aquired a 1963 c10 longbed, the truck has spent most its life in Bakersfield, California, and according to the VIN was assembled at the oakland plant.
The truck is fairly original with what i believe to be the original 292 and 3 speed overdrive trans. mileage is showing 42,000 and it drive's like a dream. Cant get over how solid and un-molested it seems to be the underneath looks like new no major rust whatsoever. Even came with the original wheels and hubcaps.

Not planning to do too much to the old girl, some new bed wood, new cab rubber seals, bench seat retrimmed, and a suspension drop
Currently has 1 coil cut at the front.
Im planning on going for drop spindles, power disc conversion, and 4-5 inch drop springs/ relcoation plates on the rear.
Have been looking around for a complete kit for the front end, and so far this is the most complete kit i have found?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3507295823...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Is the Kit any good? has anybody used it? and am i going to need any other parts to get the job done? realise ill need some new brake lines but am i overlooking anything else?
if its junk can anyone recomend a vendor who offer a similar kit? thanks again and great forum!
Sam63c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 01:53 PM   #2
slepysal

Re: New guy saying Hi and looking for Brake upgrade advice

Truck looks nice. The kit seems okay. I am not sure how accessible parts are on the other side of the pond, but if you can get the rotors,calipers , wheel bearings, seals,dust caps and brake hose locally you might be able to save a few quid. Just get the drop spindles
Aside from new hard lines you will also need a disc/drum master cylinder I used one off of a 77 corvette . You may also want to get a brake booster ( servo) I would also recommend new upper and lower ball joints and tie rods.
good luck cheers

"Over, Around or through it... "
slepysal is offline   Reply With Quote