The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-20-2016, 07:43 PM   #1
DJ_

1972 k10 reverse wiring HELP

So I got a problem with my reverse lights. So I just got my truck going about a month ago and I notice my reverse lights never work so i check them and it turns out there was no bulbs the previous owner wiring is all jack up so I fixing it little by little but when i put bulbs in it still doesn't work. An a week ago I was driving and I notice the reverse lights where on but they are on when I'm in over-drive lol and I believe My steering column is a CPP tilt and I can't figure out off to take it apart I can take the steering wheel off put to take off the top part of the column I can't. Does any one have a diagram of CPP column. Sorry if I sound like a newbie Im just getting into this.
DJ_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 08:51 PM   #2
haysonj

Re: 1972 k10 reverse wiring HELP

The Ididit tilt col. takes a special tool to compress the spring then remove the clip that holds the plate on. I don't think anything in there would effect the backup lights. There may be a switch on top of the col. under the dash.
Old 11-24-2016, 05:01 AM   #3
DJ_

Re: 1972 k10 reverse wiring HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by haysonj View Post
The Ididit tilt col. takes a special tool to compress the spring then remove the clip that holds the plate on. I don't think anything in there would effect the backup lights. There may be a switch on top of the col. under the dash.

Thanks for the advice and I know this is way off topic but I seen on your profile a pic of your truck and its nice but what mirrors do you have I have sport mirrors and I can't see nothing out of my left mirror, and I want to change them because I plan to tow a inclosed trailer and boat soon.
This is a pic of my truck. Name:  IMG_1413-1.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  40.9 KB
DJ_ is offline   Reply With Quote