The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-20-2016, 02:22 PM   #1
chumslyk

Quality Filler/replacement panels

I recently gave up on my first door repair, the left side patch panel warped up bad so I ordered an entire skin. Then welding up the door inner I had such a hard time getting it to fit I have abandoned it and finally decided to save for new or find someone to do it for me. In my struggle to stay on this project I am setting those to the side and started on my grill / radiators support parts. That is where I realized I had ordered 2 of the same item. Classic industries call it a 67-68 chevy bumper filler panel where as LMC calls it a radiator splash/gravel gaurd. I was going to send the Classic industries back because it was in original wrapping and then I noticed something. The classic industries is a LOT better looking than the LMC. They are both from Tiawan however the Classic industries panel has much crisper lines where as the LMC the lines transition much more slowly, something I cursed in my door repair almost like they were making 2 or more panels at a time . The punches are not ask crisp either, the metal are both 18 gauge but when you lay them side by side it looks like the die on the press from LMC was wore slam out or they had 2-3 panels on one pressing . I tried to post pictures but the site said I was missing a security thing and to let the admin know, which unless anyone really wants to see the difference I can email them to you. May have to contact Fabman couple hours away and see if he can finish my doors for me. Is this a common occurrence , are we at the luck of the draw when we buy these panels?

If you would imagine fabrication flowing smooth as a mountain stream, every piece having a home ,every home having a piece....Instead of a blind squirrel looking for a nut.
chumslyk is offline   Reply With Quote