The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-19-2016, 11:58 PM   #1
gordy toomey

heater motor

Can anyone give me some help on replacing the heater blower motor on my 71 C10 without a/c?
gordy toomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 12:06 AM   #2
Jarvis-69 GMC 1500CK

Re: heater motor

If possibly get orig, the reproductions seem to be complete crap made to "fit" as many vehicles as possible without actually fitting any. I recently did mine and now it blows the fuse and could only get 3/5 screws back in. If you have to phone your local parts store ( try looking at a few specific vintage car shops they may have better). I got mine from the local parts store and regret it.
Jarvis-69 GMC 1500CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 01:03 AM   #3
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
Pretty simple really. Just unplug the wire to the blower motor, remove the screws around the perimeter of the flange and pull the blower assembly out. On some you have to take the bolts out of the bottom of the hood hinge. You don't have to remove the whole hinge, just the bolts on the inner fender. Be sure and put a folded heavy towel or other soft padding between the hood and cowl panel/fender. Also mark around the hinge with a fine felt tip marker before you remove the bolts so you can get it back in the exact same place before you tighten the bolts back up.... You can block the hood up with a piece of wood or something similar while you do this, but I would have a helper hold the hood in place while you tighten the bolts up.

Be sure and note where the Black ground wire connects and reconnect it when you put the new motor in. Be sure and check for mouse nests inside the housing and vacuum it out if you find one..... I just use small rope caulk (available at your local hardware store) around the perimeter of the flange to seal it up.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 12-20-2016 at 01:15 AM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 09:41 PM   #4
gordy toomey

Thanks for the info Guys.
gordy toomey is offline   Reply With Quote