The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2017, 01:18 PM   #36
eighteenninetytwo

Re: Got one.

Couple of things I noticed during the work. Firstly you will be covering up bolt holes and screw holes for seats / trim etc. The bolt holes are easy to locate BUT its really important to have every bolt and screw in place when you start. its a PITA but taking them out and replacing them as you cover each area keeps them top of mind and will save a bunch of time trying to locate them under carpet and 2/3 other layers later. For the screw holes a sharpie to make marks to point to location helps and a needle is incredibly useful to find them after the fact, but don't sit on it.

I used 3M hi-strength spray glue and it sems to be doing the trick nicely. I pulled weatherstripping back and i am able to reset it OVER the edge of the carpetting. I will glue it on when all carpets that are next to the doors are fitted. The floor gets done this weekend. Pics are the first bits of carpet and trim I fitted.
Attached Images

eighteenninetytwo is offline   Reply With Quote