The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board > 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans and PanelsProjects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2017, 09:29 PM   #35
notchbackgta

Re: Notchbackgtas 1969 Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
What is this switch for?
I put an LED light above the hatch on the inside where a PO had a light, that switch is the ground for the light for when I open the tailgate. I also have a rocker switch inside so I can turn it on for when I am sleeping in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdcougar View Post
Looks like some good progress!

Paul
I haven't done much recently, but I have put over 12,000 miles on it since I got it.

Since GSI hasn't offered a solution for the billet handles, I found some alignment washers for I beams in the McMaster catalog, looks like two of the washers per hole will be the correct angle for the inside of the door. I got those last week but then I got sick, so i hope to install my handles one day during this week. I am tired of looking at $550 on the kitchen counter for a few cents worth of washers that should have been done by now. Plus I hate the factory handles on the inside.
I'll post the part number for the washers once I install the handles.

I will also be re-wiring the gauges, modules, alarm, adding another fuse block for more circuits and another bulkhead for all the other things I plan on adding in the near future. The fuse blocks, terminals, seals and buss bars will cost me more than the whole AAW wiring harness cost me. If I ever do another one of these Suburbans, I am just going to wire the whole thing from scratch.
notchbackgta is offline   Reply With Quote