The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-25-2004, 05:37 AM   #1
southernmutt33

Question ok i got a few questions

ok on my 61, i have decided that since i cant sell it, im not just gonna give it away.....but anyway. im gonna go an get her an bring her to the house so i can work on her...i have never done a clutch in my life, i have swap several autos, but never messed with a standard tranny before....ok i remember last yr when talkin to the local idiots at the parts store that they needed a size when i asked about a clutch, what size clutch do i need for a 283 with the original 4 spd??? my friend put in a clutch he had in his garage when i wasnt there last yr, found out it fit, but i cant get it bled out or adjusted to work, turns out it was for his jeep, it was the same size as the one that was in it....but he thinks the throw out bearing is to small.....what size throw out bearin do i need for this truck....since i helped put the tranny in an out about 3 times last yr im gonna try an do it myself....im on a limited budget till my job comes back to town, so i dont have alot of money for workin on my truck....so could i get away with just a throw out bearing..i put a new slave cylinder on it, replaced the master cylinder on it, lines are new...any info is greatly appreciated.....
Attached Images

southernmutt33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 11:20 PM   #2
scottyd

dont know what size throwout bearing is but i do know that bleeding the slave cylinder is a real headache!! sorry
Old 04-09-2004, 02:27 PM   #3
jim walker

clutch

call summit racing in ohio, tell them what you have and they ll fit the application. by the way,,,if that rear bumper is rust and ding free,,,do you want to sell it? jim
jim walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 03:36 PM   #4
southernmutt33

thanks for the info..the bumper is rust free....but im not gonna part the truck out...its all of it or, i can keep it.....if it dont sell by monday i have traded it for a dually rearend an the fenders an a new exhaust for my 84 3/4 gmc....installed..so it is gone one way or another....i have never asked to much for the truck, but for some reason i cant seem to sell it. an b4 i drop any more on the price. i will burn the truck to the ground......

if ya cant afford to buy it, then be hillbilly enough to build it, it's cheaper to build it anyway.....

be a man, stand up to your women an tell them your the boss, an if she dont like that, then ask her if she needs help around the house...

http://public.fotki.com/southernmutt33/

84 GMC 454, 3/4 soon to be a dually with one ton suspension.
60 1/2, lwb stepside..for sale
98 taurus, ugliest body stlye ford ever built, but dependable family car.
73 vistaliner, cab over, newest toy, reason for turnin 3/4 into 1 ton
southernmutt33 is offline   Reply With Quote