The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2017, 09:37 PM   #18
weq92f

Re: getting down to the metal ( floor )

I've taken it as far apart as necessary and ready to put it back together. The old carpet and juke are gone. Going in will be the juke/foil combo and good mass backed, full carpet. The foil will extend as far as possible up the firewall and all along the floor. Probably will rattle can flat black where it is exposed.

All the hardware for seat and seat belt mounting will be replaced with grade 8 pieces and some use of backing plates will be done for more safety. Lap belts are being replaced with 3 point belts.

The cab is lifted and ready to be shimmed on the driver side and all of a sudden it's starting to look as if the passenger side needs a bit of shimming as well! BTW, I found both core support mounting bolts finger loose, like they had never been tightened ( the threads between the nut/washer and frame were rusted ). My mysterious chassis sound/clunk has likely been found!

Good thing is it can sit for as long as need be. Bad thing is the wife has stuff for me to do for the next week at least, so it'll be a while probably before I put it back together.

Some questions:

1) Currently the lap belt reels out from the door side and connects at the other side of the seat. That receiver of the belt is mounted to the seat frame. I really want to anchor this to the floor, am I over thinking it?

2) What is commonly used to "seal" the firewall passage used by the brake master cylinder? I can see daylight through there.

Some pictures...

Thanks,

-klb
Attached Images

99 540 sport V8 6sp -- sold
73 240z L24 4sp -- given to friend
68 C10 step 350/350 3.73 open -- sold
weq92f is offline   Reply With Quote