The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds 88-98

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-08-2018, 01:28 AM   #1
fredscarryall

Re: Fastfreddys 454ss

Another pic from the backend with a airbar system. again not my pic.
Attached Images

fredscarryall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:07 AM   #2
fredscarryall

Here is how to lift a bed by youself. First pic is mine second pic is where I got the idea. While you have the bed off buy a high flow fuel pump and install it if you plan on doing any engine performance upgrades later. The one I bought is pretty much a direct bolt in. The only thing you have to do is shorten the wires to the fuel pump on the sending unit and don’t be afraid to use the supplied butt connectors. They are submersible for gas. I wanted to get a new fuel sending unit. They were only $49. Just make sure you know if you have a high temputure or standard sending unit. The option code for standard fuel sending unit are VAH, VEC, VRA, VRR, and VSD. If you don’t have these options on your sticker in the glove box in the option codes then you have a high tempurture fuel sending unit.
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2018, 02:16 AM   #3
fredscarryall

Here is a pic of the cantilever system by KP Components . You can run full exhaust diffently under the axle and maybe over the axle depending on you notch height.but you have to cut the frick out of your bed to get it to travel because of the steep step frame notch. This system is Also best to lay frame. Ridetech air bar is more for ride quality and only travels about 10 inches max
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2018, 02:36 AM   #4
fredscarryall

Next things to get done coming up. Front disc conversion from pr proformance, front Ridetech cool ride and a Ridetech air pod that I am mounting in the bed
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2018, 02:38 AM   #5
fredscarryall

AirPod Mocked up in the bed
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2018, 02:51 AM   #6
fredscarryall

Most of you know custom parts are hard to find for the 1988 to 1998 trucks. Heres another hard to find part. It a instrument cluster made by ferreus industries to help out that ugly factory gauges. It comes in 16 colors, comes with double stick to stick to the surface (no cutting or mod is required) and they are about $30 on amazon
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2018, 03:17 AM   #7
fredscarryall

Here’s information on a part I posted earlier. Speaker kick panels so you don’t have to cut up your doors for speakers. They are q-forms made by crutchfield and comes in 7 factory colors. May require bending by hand the e brake level,just watch the size of the speaker magnet and you will have to cut hole in the panel to fit speakers or order the ones with precut 5.25 speaker grilles.they are kinda expensive at $199 but they are good quality
Attached Images