The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2018, 02:37 AM   #20
Ckrueger4

Re: First Rat Rod

I got an hour or so of work done with the help of my fiance. I welded one of the sides along the curve above the door. I tought her how to use the grinder to make the area flat and workable for a hammer. Then she helped me beat the panel into shape. I was dumb and didn't take a picture of the end product. It turned out nice, so I built a buck to line up the roof and try to do the same thing. I tacked everything into place and moved the buck then the roof collapsed. I was getting in a hurry so I just welded everything solid without the buck. It turned out bad. I need to grind down the welds and then I will decide if i can beat the roof into shape or if i will cut the welds and redo it. I didn't take any pictures of what I am talking about. I am going on a school trip this weekend and to Africa the next. When I get back we are planning on finishing all of our wedding details before the big day, so I probably won't be working on it again until May. Hopefully I am wrong tho! I need to finish patching the roof then I will fix the floors. After that I think I am going to graft a different dash in. I really like 60' Chevy dashes but will probably go a different route. If you guys have any ideas feel free to share them with me.
Attached Images

Ckrueger4 is offline   Reply With Quote