The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board > 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans and PanelsProjects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-15-2018, 08:35 PM   #1
ahlsy

Re: 1972 K20 Suburban

And here's one for you SPID guys.

I've never seen the manual throttle option before. I'll have to look into that one. It's not something I need, and I'm not sure if it's hooked up right now. All I have found so far is a factory looking knob on the gauge panel below the wiper knob labelled Throttle. It doesn't seem to do anything.

Also loving the No Spin rear axle, (its an Eaton), and the tow hooks and clearance lights...
Attached Images

ahlsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:51 PM   #2
Getter-Done

Welcome to the board.
That is a good looking Suburban
Getter-Done is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:21 PM   #3
ahlsy

My list of small issues to fix is getting bigger every day...So far this is what I have.

2nd and 3rd row seating. (on the hunt for some original seats)
Leaky engine (losing a little engine oil. I'll get it cleaned up and fix the leak soon but there's enough that I can't tell if anything else is leaking ie trans and transfer case)
Passenger door handle (button stays in and door won't close. replacement ordered already)
Fuel level gauge doesn't work. (Ordered a new sender and will have a look at the wiring when it shows up)
No door keys (new set of locks ordered)
Exhaust not the greatest. Still solid but but it looks like the PO wanted to try building an exhaust system for the first time...
Missing tailgate badge
Extra holes in the doors, and incorrect trailer mirrors (I don't mind those mirrors but I'll end up either filling the original holes or finding better mirrors...)
All the rubber in all the doors needs replacing (That will be an ongoing project I suspect)
Needs some sort of interior (I'll slowly ad interior panels and sound deadening as I go)
AM stereo not working (I'm looking at options for speakers and a head unit that look stock...)
Panel gaps aren't very good and there are 2 definitely different colours from a respray (that will likely wait for a few years. I can live with it for now)

Other than that, things are looking pretty good for a daily driver. Most people around here have never seen one of these so I get a lot of weird guesses. The most popular one is 'some sort of international...'
ahlsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 04:06 PM   #4
Burb
Coordinator of Synchronicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahlsy View Post
And here's one for you SPID guys.

I've never seen the manual throttle option before. I'll have to look into that one. It's not something I need, and I'm not sure if it's hooked up right now. All I have found so far is a factory looking knob on the gauge panel below the wiper knob labelled Throttle...
Choke nob and cable?

Like BigDav said ...

My grandfather had one on his K20 that he called a "manual throttle"... he used it to increase the idle when he was using the wench or using his truck as a PTO...

He always figured out ways to make hard work ideas ...work

Great find by the way and the more you do to the more you'll love ... And welcome these folks know their trucks and burbs in this case

1971 Suburban ... W.I.P. Build Thread
Customization is ones personal touch-- not what other people think it should be

Last edited by Burb; 04-19-2018 at 04:14 PM.
Burb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:49 AM   #5
Travisarmenta

Beautiful Sub sir. Impressive SPID.
Travisarmenta is offline   Reply With Quote