The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-30-2018, 02:08 AM   #1
hdixon

wiper parts

Hey guy's I want to replace all of my wiper parts linkage assembly , pump and wiper motor, because this is a new cab and I don't know the condition of the wiper parts It would be better to change now than later there are nothing under the dash in the way. there is a 2 pin motor currently mounted. Can I replace the motor with a 3 or 4 pin motor so I can have more than one wiper speed. I am going to rewire the truck any ways with a painless wiring harness P/N 10206 I would thank that harness will have the option to support either motor you want to use can anyone help me out on this before I buy anything
hdixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 11:09 AM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: wiper parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdixon View Post
Hey guy's I want to replace all of my wiper parts linkage assembly , pump and wiper motor, because this is a new cab and I don't know the condition of the wiper parts It would be better to change now than later there are nothing under the dash in the way. there is a 2 pin motor currently mounted. Can I replace the motor with a 3 or 4 pin motor so I can have more than one wiper speed. I am going to rewire the truck any ways with a painless wiring harness P/N 10206 I would thank that harness will have the option to support either motor you want to use can anyone help me out on this before I buy anything

All '67-'72 wiper motors are 2 speed motors. I'm not sure what you mean by 2 pin.

Look through this thread and see if it helps. There are quite a few pictures throughout the thread.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=413551

There is a member on the parts board selling wiper delay kits for our trucks also.....

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 01:22 PM   #3
hdixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
All '67-'72 wiper motors are 2 speed motors. I'm not sure what you mean by 2 pin.

Look through this thread and see if it helps. There are quite a few pictures throughout the thread.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=413551

There is a member on the parts board selling wiper delay kits for our trucks also.....

LockDoc
the wiper motor has a 2 male connection plug that connect power the wiper motor is this normal?
Old 05-31-2018, 12:03 AM   #4
hdixon

Quote:
the wiper motor has a 2 male connection plug that connect power the wiper motor is this normal?
I removed the motor from the dash and found the three terminal at the top of the wiper motor the two I was speaking of was for the pump I guest those was the only ones I could see when the unit was bolted up so right now I am good thanks
Old 05-31-2018, 12:15 AM   #5
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
I removed the motor from the dash and found the three terminal at the top of the wiper motor the two I was speaking of was for the pump I guest those was the only ones I could see when the unit was bolted up so right now I am good thanks

Good deal. Yes, it is hard to see all of the terminals when it is bolted in.

LockDoc

-
Old 05-31-2018, 12:41 AM   #6
hdixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
Good deal. Yes, it is hard to see all of the terminals when it is bolted in.

LockDoc
One last question do you know if the painless wiring harness p/n 10206 for 67-72 c10 comes with connection for the wiper motor are do I need to purchase it separately?
Old 05-31-2018, 10:10 AM   #7
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
One last question do you know if the painless wiring harness p/n 10206 for 67-72 c10 comes with connection for the wiper motor are do I need to purchase it separately?
I'm not familiar with the aftermarket wire looms but I would think it would be a part of it. Hopefully another member who has installed one will chime in on that.....

LockDoc

-
Old 05-31-2018, 10:45 AM   #8
TheRocket

Quote:
My son installed the Painless 10206 chassis harness in my 1971. I helped a tiny, tiny bit so I am not real versed on some of the fine details of this kit, but I do know everything was labeled and he did not have to modify anything, other than attach cable ends, to get it to work. It was very straight forward. I bought a loom kit and the Easy Install Tool p/n 70941 which sped-up installing the wires in the loom. Every wire has been loomed, with loom left over. I highly recommend the Painless products.
TheRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:59 AM   #9
hdixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRocket View Post
My son installed the Painless 10206 chassis harness in my 1971. I helped a tiny, tiny bit so I am not real versed on some of the fine details of this kit, but I do know everything was labeled and he did not have to modify anything, other than attach cable ends, to get it to work. It was very straight forward. I bought a loom kit and the Easy Install Tool p/n 70941 which sped-up installing the wires in the loom. Every wire has been loomed, with loom left over. I highly recommend the Painless products.
thanks guy's for all you comments and input. Painless was the way I want to go however wanted to make sure everything was in the kit that I needed to compete the install great help