The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-07-2018, 09:50 PM   #26
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Cheyenne Super Anomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
That's really cool. I agree, definitely original. So, the burning question is: you mentioned your interior was repainted (just not the gb door obviously) - since I can't look at your gb door and roof simultaneously - do they seem to be a match? Or is it possible that the interior repaint was too light of a medium blue and gives the illusion that the gb door matches the roof just because it's darker than the surrounding interior. From where I'm sitting - the gb door absolutely looks original - and very much looks like DARK blue, not medium. That's cool - and a new one on me, thanks for sharing!
I believe the interior was repainted but not the glove box door. There are runs smack in the middle of the dash, super sloppy. Too much to meet QA and original driver, IMO.

You're asking a colored/shade blind person to confirm color/shade. That's good stuff man. Seriously though, the glove box door and cab roof match, though I suppose I could remove the door, do a direct comparison.

In retrospect, I'd have liked to see this truck new. 558 C-20, 402 Super. NICE truck in it's day. I don't recall seeing a 558 restoration. I know there's a 559 out there, it's nice.

I'm slight colored blind, and slow sometimes too HA!. Just registered the outer A/C vents are dark blue as well. If you ask me, the dash pad is a dark blue too, or at least a darker blue. Irregularity? So make that medium blue everything but the roof, glove box door, A/C vents and possibly the dash pad.

For what it's worth, the primary interior color (med. blue) matches the balance of interior. Seat cover included. The bench was twice that in my project truck. Chrome trim, plush. It's half thrashed but still comfortable.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assembly kit for restoring the (a) truck from the ground up. My build thread, and more on the assembly kit https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 06-07-2018 at 10:30 PM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 10:50 PM   #27
jocko

Ha, I believe you! Even if you are color blind. It definitely looks dark blue - and the a/c vent tid bit adds to it being done on purpose at the factory. Very interesting. Here's a restored 558 Cheyenne Super for ya:
Attached Images

jocko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 12:59 AM   #28
ho70

black door trim looks in place with the dash pad and the black gauge bezel, never said I am a fan, but it looks ok
ho70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 05:53 PM   #29
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Seems a safe bet glove box doors are painted separately, sometimes. Sometimes because the hinge to glove box door screws on my project truck are the primary body color. The same on my Super are unpainted.

It would interesting to know what their color scheme system was. What models and how many.

Thanks for the picture JOCKO, nice truck. I'm more a fan of the 559 code (reverse), but you can't go wrong either way. Strangely enough, you or SSTIM said I should paint my project 558. That was in the first thread I added here. Year later I ended up with a 558 on another truck.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assembly kit for restoring the (a) truck from the ground up. My build thread, and more on the assembly kit https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 06-08-2018 at 05:59 PM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 06:01 PM   #30
jocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho70 View Post
black door trim looks in place with the dash pad and the black gauge bezel, never said I am a fan, but it looks ok
However, that would never have come from the factory that way - it would either be a woodgrain instrument bezel with woodgrain gb door - the door being either body color or black. Black instrument cluster wouldn't have come in a super, regardless of gb door color (despite what is shown in the first post that started all of this). I agree, it does kinda seem to go with a black gauge bezel, but then again, without woodgrain on both, that doesn't really match either.

I'm not normally a GMC kinda guy, no particular reason, but I have to admit, I like how they did the instrument clusters and gb doors in a near matching color from the rest of the interior for some of their years.
jocko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 07:12 PM   #31
Bones72Super

I have a short bed 72 custom Deluxe that I am turning into a Cheyenne Super. I got a black glove Box door with wood grain off the parts board since I knew it would be hard to find body matching color but I'd also seen some supers with a black glove Box door.
Attached Images

Bones72Super is offline   Reply With Quote