The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-19-2004, 10:53 AM   #26
bagged74
its just $$$$$

drag body or die?
bagged74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 04:31 PM   #27
KutThroatKustoms
drag body or die

So mock the moto.. i dont care. I'm not here to be the next Boyd and some 45 yr old that has some name like Roy Brisio. I build sport trucks that are daily driven and drag.. I dont care for trailer queens, never have, never will.

I said eastern oklahoma... armstrongs truck is in OKC.. there are some nice trucks in the OKC area.. and maybe 1 or 2 in tulsa.. i havent seen them tho, they were mag features and featured wrong setups. Come out east and try to find a rod here that is worth a flip.. Here is what you find in my area.. a good 30-40 mile radius.

1) bondo from all hell
2) body lines that wouldnt line up no matter what you did
3) pour craftsmanship (i'm not saying i'm the best by any means, but dont try to show a truck that has no gap at one side of the roll pan and at least 1 inch on the other... then on your door and front fenders is cracking b/c of bondo and your truck is only ~6 months old)

Glad you had both and lived. I know of more then a hand full of 2 link i met around dallas that broke or bent, without 2 yrs of being installed. And at least we agree on reverse 4 links. reverse 4 links do their job, if you NEVER air up and down while driving, etc. Again, that goes against my "trailer queen" dislike. Its suppose to be built to enjoy.. not being able to throw sides b/c you have a stiff 2 link or not being air to air down on some kid in a honda.. b/c it throws your crap way off, isnt my idea of "enjoying it".
Old 05-19-2004, 06:47 PM   #28
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Thanks guys. I appreciate you bringing the conversation back to the "non- offensive" level. Both of you guys have valid points....
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote