The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-16-2019, 01:37 PM   #1
Dachshund

Re: Another Dash Question....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Z View Post
lol you anal types cost yourselves so much time and money, not to mention the stress!
You HAVE NO IDEA! I am usually working on a Farmall tractor to restore. I'm not a stickler for "everything HAS to be ORIGINAL...", but SOME of those guys are pretty stupid about it. They can spot a "wrong" washer from 30 feet, and start berating the guy for not having the correct one! You'd be surprised as to the amount of time, energy, and money that is spent to preserve RUST, because they think it is "original paint". I've even seen tree trunks still attached to the frame because it was there when they drug it out of the fence row! We call them the OP - Originality Police!
Now - every guy has the right to have his tractor - or truck - the way they want it but, to look down your nose at someone because they painted theirs instead of preserving rust is too much.
I could go on for hours, but I better stop while I can!

BTW, nobody take this personal, it's just my story, and I'm sticking to it! I can enjoy them both ways, I just like painted better, your mileage may vary....
Dachshund is offline   Reply With Quote