The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-08-2019, 08:15 PM   #1
vintovka

Re: 50 years ago I was given this USAF 54 3100

Now that its starting ok been on to other long post poned projects. Made a mistake buying black face gauges. Very hard ro see without the lights on. Since all my dash lights are LEDs it dawned on me to wire them so they are on whenever the key is on. Having to pull the headlight swith to running light mode each time was a pain and tired of forgetting to turn them off whenever i left truck. This works.

Still struggling with seat belts as noted in another post but gave up on the new speedo and cable. Still jumpy half the time but barely livable. The seller is really bad and if they don't make it right i will let everyone know soon, FWIW in dash GPS provides speed info as needed anyway. It also beeps when i go to fast, approach a curve, speed limit changes, red light camera zones detected and on and on. Except for odometer my Analog gauges are doomed.

Wife and i watched the 4th fireworks down in Gold Beach harbor fro the truck bed. Best seats in the house (but a bit breezy).
vintovka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:03 AM   #2
MiraclePieCo

Ha ha, laughing about your experience with Oregon potheads since the state legalized recreational marijuana. Have you ever noticed that as Oregon minimum wage rockets upward, the higher minimum wage the worse the service? When state minimum wage went past my Social Security amount a few years back I stopped tipping in restaurants. Nowadays min wage workers get about $5000/year more than I do on SS. Hell, waitresses should be leaving ME money!
Old 07-10-2019, 10:25 AM   #3
vintovka

Yup. Legalizing pot was a real mistake (or an intentional act of sabotage). ALL of the employers around here are desperate for drug free employees. Workmans Comp costs and issues will play out like home owners insurance in fire zones.
vintovka is offline   Reply With Quote