The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-06-2019, 06:44 PM   #1
jcwren

2 Barrel Carb On L6 Intake

As I mentioned in a previous thread, the 1 bbl carb I have is garbage. So I bought a Holley 2 bbl and a Trans-Dapt adapter. The linkage is no longer in the correct position to even connect to the carb. Holley claimed all I needed were the bushings for the large hole in the arm, but clearly, the linkage won't even reach up there, and it's too far set back in any case.

Using the hole in the arm on the carb that's roughly in the same position as the 1 bbl carb is set too far back.

Is there a linkage kit that replaces the factory bell crank on the intake manifold so that this will actually work?

And on top of that, the 2 bbl carb arm rotates in the opposite direction of the 1 bbl to open the throttle...

The first picture shows the linkage alignment with the 1 bbl carb. The second one is with the Holley, and the hole for the arm connected to the bell crank is set back about 1/3 of the width of the runner. The third picture is just the intake with no carb for reference.
Attached Images

Last edited by jcwren; 08-06-2019 at 07:17 PM.
jcwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:54 AM   #2
Wrenchbender Ret

Re: 2 Barrel Carb On L6 Intake

Probably the easiest s olution would be to convert to a throttle cable. The 71-72 pickups used a cable system. You wold probably need a longer cable then the one it uses.
Wrenchbender Ret is offline   Reply With Quote