The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-27-2019, 05:54 PM   #1
truckin 79

Upholstery they sew you assemble

I dont suppose anyone knows of place that you could send your old seat cover pattern and someone would sew a new seat cover together. Then send back for a person to hog ring and put together yourself. I just need the a bottom seat cushion sewn together. I went to a local shop in town and he wanted to charge 600.00 but he said he would have to do both top and bottom. That is not unreasonable but the upper part of seat is in fine shape.
Old 11-27-2019, 08:04 PM   #2
TKCR

Re: Upholstery they sew you assemble

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckin 79 View Post
I dont suppose anyone knows of place that you could send your old seat cover pattern and someone would sew a new seat cover together. Then send back for a person to hog ring and put together yourself. I just need the a bottom seat cushion sewn together. I went to a local shop in town and he wanted to charge 600.00 but he said he would have to do both top and bottom. That is not unreasonable but the upper part of seat is in fine shape.
What is it that your needing? Color, Velour or all vinyl? Do you have a picture? I can build you an entire restored seat, they sell for $750. That’s having the frame, tracks and hardware all restored.
Or if it’s just the cover that you need. Just post some pictures. Maybe I can help ya out. But just like your local shop, it would have to be the whole set. The problem is, is being able to get the fabric to match with what you already have.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 11:07 PM   #3
Nodnarb76

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
What is it that your needing? Color, Velour or all vinyl? Do you have a picture? I can build you an entire restored seat, they sell for $750. That’s having the frame, tracks and hardware all restored.
Or if it’s just the cover that you need. Just post some pictures. Maybe I can help ya out. But just like your local shop, it would have to be the whole set. The problem is, is being able to get the fabric to match with what you already have.
Do you ever do anything with bucket seats? I have an 87 Suburban with a small (but getting bigger) hole in it that needs some attention.
Attached Images

1987 R20 Suburban LQ4/4L80e swap: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=693824
Nodnarb76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 11:11 PM   #4
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb76 View Post
Do you ever do anything with bucket seats? I have an 87 Suburban with a small (but getting bigger) hole in it that needs some attention.
No, I don’t do many buckets. I mainly restore bench seats and the covers are always new.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:13 PM   #5
Nodnarb76

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
No, I don’t do many buckets. I mainly restore bench seats and the covers are always new.
Ok, thanks for the quick reply. I checked out your work, great job!

1987 R20 Suburban LQ4/4L80e swap: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=693824
Nodnarb76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 11:17 PM   #6
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb76 View Post
Ok, thanks for the quick reply. I checked out your work, great job!
Thank you. I don’t do buckets only because I need the seats from the person that wants them done. So that limits it to driving distance of Ohio. The bench seats are easier, because of having a stock of core seat. The availability of having bucket seat cores is almost impossible, they are hard to come by.