The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-26-2020, 11:02 PM   #1
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

98 style accelerator pedal genV swap ?

1st, it doesn't seem like its going to work on a Gen5 unless the pedal is faulty - not likely since its NEW
2nd, anyone have a hptuner or can log all the pedal parameters?

when i log all the paramters for pedal with a gen 5 pedal on my swap with no pedal issues,

it starts off with:
Accelerator Pedal Position 1 0.0%
Accelerator Pedal Position 2 0.0%
Accelerator Pedal Position average 0.0%
Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 1 0.94v
Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 2 0.45v

upon pressing the pedal to the floor slowly, Accelerator pedal position sensor 1, 2, average and position go up all about the exact same %
sensor. 1 voltage and sensor 2 voltage go up , sensor 1 maxes out at around 4.18v, sensor 2 voltage is approx 1/2 the voltage. Entire voltage range of Sensor 2 is about 1/2 the entire time. normal probably.

Verified both 5v ref at connector is 5v.

on the turbo diesel pedal, it starts off different, throttle doesn't even operate
Accelerator Pedal Position 1 0%
Accelerator Pedal Position 2 99%
Accelerator Pedal Position average 0%
Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 1 - didnt log it, will log again
Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 2 - - didnt log it, will log again

Position 1% is linear
Position 2% is not, it requires 3/4 pedal to start to decrease.
Voltage Sensor 1 was close to 3.8v

Tried swaping power and ground on position 2, but same non linear increase. and pedal still inop, Position average was also 0% entire testing.
Tried using sensor 3 but didn't read anything. Its a new Dorman pedal. dont want to tamper with it in case it gets warrantied or something.

so, in short, looking for that needle in the hay stack - someone who has a LS swap Gen4 (drive by wire durr) with the Chevy turbo diesel Accel pedal and HPtuners willing to log those 5 parameters

much appreciated,
Clint

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 01:17 AM   #2
Wildkarde

Re: 98 style accelerator pedal genV swap ?

How did you wire the pedal in? Those older pedals use 3 seperate sensors (9 wires) whereas the late gen3 and all newer ones use just 2 sensors (6 wires). Also there different pinouts for some of the different pedals.

I've never read of anyone using an old gen3 pedal in a gen 4 motor. Mostly probably juist because the corvertte pedals are so much easier to make fit older cars that the gen3 truck pedals.
Wildkarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 10:27 PM   #3
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildkarde View Post
How did you wire the pedal in? Those older pedals use 3 seperate sensors (9 wires) whereas the late gen3 and all newer ones use just 2 sensors (6 wires). Also there different pinouts for some of the different pedals.

I've never read of anyone using an old gen3 pedal in a gen 4 motor. Mostly probably juist because the corvertte pedals are so much easier to make fit older cars that the gen3 truck pedals.
Wired in just like the diagram says. All App1 wires went to App1 .. same for app2.
To clarify, app1 sensor ground on gen5 went to app1 sensor ground on the turbo oobs pedal and so on for the remaining 5 wires.

Not sure of gen 4 dbw is that much different than gen 5 (besides no tac module) .. Maybe I'll remove the pedal and ohm test it if it's easy to remove. If not, gen 5 pedal it..

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 12:04 AM   #4
Wildkarde

I know you can use the gen 4 pedals on on the gen 5 motors, just not sure how the gen 3 differs from them.
Wildkarde is offline   Reply With Quote