The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-31-2020, 09:53 PM   #1
SkinnyG

Re: SkinnyG's '61 Apache

I cut off the end of the PS Pump line, and Silicon-Bronze-Welded -6AN to the end. Also installed the Fox-Mustang-Rack -6AN fitting adapters (Unisteer #8026070):

Added Hydroboost -6AN adapters (Earls #961955ERL and #961956ERL) to the Hydroboost unit:

I was also a little concerned about the PS reservoir return being so close to the exhaust manifold, so I cut it out, plugged the hole (what my finger points to), and Silicon-Bronze-Welded it to the front side with another -6AN fitting (shown here completed):

My LQ4 engine is from an Express 3500 van, but did not come with the remote reservoir, and just buying a reservoir was cheaper. I did have to do a lot of re-shaping to the bracket to make an acceptable fit. At the time, I wasn't sure if I was going to do the turbo crossover in front of the engine or not, and the placement of the reservoir was a concern. I ended up not, and it is what it is.

Front view, with radiator, AC condenser, trans cooler, intercooler, and (not shown) PS cooler under the AC and trans cooler:

Lotus Super 7 Replica: Scratch-built street-legal rollerskate
SkinnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 08:48 AM   #2
doug_p

Re: SkinnyG's '61 Apache

Just wanted to say thanks for the call on the cle line drill bits. Bought a small set at Lowe's, and so far they appear to be exactly what I was looking for! They cut through steel like butter -
Doug
doug_p is offline   Reply With Quote