The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-31-2020, 10:55 PM   #1
conoco

Anyone used these rockers

Has anyone used rocker panels both inner and outer from Summit racing or Classic industires? LMC is so over priced and I have seen horrible reviews for them in some places.

I was thinking about placing my order with "MANES Truck Parts" they seem really friendly and I have seen on this forum that people like them. I understand I will have to make modifications no matter what. But I have read some horror stories about some of these panels. Just looking for anyones input that has ordered. If there is a better place please feel free to add. Thank you.
conoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 01:54 AM   #2
pjmoreland

Re: Anyone used these rockers

I installed some Triplus rockers a number of years back. They fit extremely well and were made from a heavy gauge. I bought them from GMCPauls.
pjmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 07:47 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Other than price, it's not about who you buy from, it's about who made them. Ask that and if they say Tri-Plus you are buying the best option. If they can't tell you keep on looking.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 10:10 AM   #4

Talking Re: Anyone used these rockers

GMC Paul’s, Wes @ classic heartbeat, manes are all good. Special k is right. Different company’s are using different gauges of steel to make these panels. One note on gmc Paul’s...he waited on selling cowl hoods vs some other vendors due to the quality. They could have fell n line just like some other company’s but they didn’t. Paul waited until the quality was better before jumping on board. That my friend is integrity. Whomever u go with,I with u all the best but please consider the first 2. Small company but a good track record of satisfaction rates.
3767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 04:43 PM   #5
conoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3767 View Post
GMC Paul’s, Wes @ classic heartbeat, manes are all good. Special k is right. Different company’s are using different gauges of steel to make these panels. One note on gmc Paul’s...he waited on selling cowl hoods vs some other vendors due to the quality. They could have fell n line just like some other company’s but they didn’t. Paul waited until the quality was better before jumping on board. That my friend is integrity. Whomever u go with,I with u all the best but please consider the first 2. Small company but a good track record of satisfaction rates.
You hit the nail on the head! I was leaning towards Manes or GMC Pauls. I have ordered from pauls before and they were pretty awesome to deal with and I have seen all the knowledge he passes on in this forum. I wish I could see his inventory lol.. I appreciate it the input. I would much rather support a small business than a big one. Specially now.
conoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 08:24 PM   #6
tinman_local2

All the parts I've gotten lately have been triplus. All fit real well. Manes is good to buy from. He's pretty local to me and is always very helpful. As mentioned above, if they can't tell you what brand part they sell you should shop elsewhere.
tinman_local2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 10:57 AM   #7
lks dcvn

I recently used key parts rockers and was very pleased with fitment.

I purchased a set from Rock Auto last summer - there was no vendor name on them when they arrived. I mocked them up and they were not close at all.

After using Key Parts for most of my blazer sheet metal repair - I ordered a set of Key Parts rockers from Jegs - link and link

Shipping was free since I had to purchase a few other items anyway - which made these worth the hassle of buying a second set that actually fit better.

Minor tweaking is always expected - these landed pretty close with minor pie cuts needed for OEM fit.
Attached Images

lks dcvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 12:20 AM   #8
May70

I used LMC rockers (build thread shows PS and youtube channel shows DS with install guide).

DS took a lot less finesse work than the PS, both came from LMC. The ones I got from LMC were tri-plus.

Im not sure what Wes @classicheartbeat sells but thats where im going for the next set.

Ill NEVER buy a high hump floor pan again, ill fab the standard hump. Bad inner rocker stamp position

How to repair that rusted out 67-72 c10-c30! Please subscribe!
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaycoCustomRestorations
May70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 12:31 AM   #9
franken

Saying one bought LMC/Summit/<intsert vendor> aftermarket body <insert part name> is like saying you bought generic canned green beans from <insert grocery store>. It means nothing.
LMC, Summit, etc. make exactly nothing. They're distributors of parts. Typically, the parts come from Asia and may have been rebranded at one, or more places in their journey to your door.
My thought is that there are very few makers of parts and many distributors. Tri-plus is most likely just a large distributor in Taiwan.
franken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 08:39 AM   #10
68 C10 Driver

I bought mine through LMC and the gauge is spot on as is the fit.
Attached Images

68 C10 Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 08:41 AM   #11
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Quote:
Originally Posted by franken View Post
Tri-plus is most likely just a large distributor in Taiwan.
According to the TriPlus website they are a manufacturer: http://www.triplus.com.tw/index.html

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote