The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > Heavy Haulers

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-07-2021, 10:36 PM   #1
Pick121

Re: The Green Machine - 1963 C50 field rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJN View Post
Thats a nice truck you have there! Also a great idea for growing hops too, we used to grow our own hops for home brewing.
The engine code has me puzzled- do you have better pictures of the entire engine? XTO suffix code doesn't seem to exist in any of the books (including The Lime Book) or on websites. The S is Saginaw engine factory and 0304 is March 4th. But the XTO is throwing me and it almost looks like XTC but even that one doesn't exist. There is a TC suffix but that is a 348 big block (which would be appropriate for 1963) and it doesn't resemble a 327. XTD is a service replacement engine 283 for 1965, 66 and 67 but would be tough to read that as a 'D'
I feel like Columbo on an investigation! I enjoy it. More info indicates the CE prefix stamp is for a “Chevrolet Engine” used on blocks that were warranty replacement engines. This all seems to be coming together. I agree with you on the “S” for Saginaw. Now to decipher the XTC
Attached Images

Pick121 is offline   Reply With Quote