The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-28-2021, 10:36 AM   #1
Woodnears

Re: Daves new 68 chevy swb

So I have been busy reworking the front clip. There were a couple specific issues I wanted to remedy.
#1 the back of the hood stuck up a bit due to the porterbuilt hood hinge adapter plate form Hartrod. I removed those and decided to use the original PB weld in plate. Those of you that have had to do this will tell you its not easy lining these up and getting the hood straight and where it is supposed to be. Still in progress.
#2 My aftermarket fenderswere absolute junk! sure they were straight and rust free but they just didnt fit well, mainly in the front nose area next to the hood. I went to the parts pile ( A storage shed in my back yard that at one time had a few complete trucks worth of parts) and grabbed a couple 67 fenders. I started in on stripping them and found a big mess. Someone had done work on them before and they were essentially caved in on the first 6" or so of the fronts. I stripped them down and started in with a hammer and dolly. The drivers side was so thin it tore when I went to pull on it. I found a replacement driver side or two at the Pate swap meet and will start in on stripping them.
#3 I never have liked how my air setup was installed and located. I have moved it a few times but during this last go around I somehow managed to fry the ECU. I ordered am upgraded ecu and it should be here friday. I am still undecided on where to place it. The idea is to be able to get to it to troubleshoot it when needed. In one rendition I had to climb my 6'5" self into the bed and replace a fuse. Not COOL! More to come.
Attached Images