The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-15-2021, 05:09 PM   #1
ellisjay2

Accesory bracket and finding bolts for small block.....

I'm buttoning up my old accessory setup on used 70s block I dropped in, had an 80s block but needed rebuild. I won't go back with a/c, so I need either the long bend curve Bracket, or this short one I snapped a pic of online, short would be better in my opinion, and I'm going back with stock exhaust manifold. It bolts right to first bolt in cylinder one. I lost my original stuff and bolts. Where would be the easiest to find bolts for mounting power steering to bracket, bolts for crank pulley...i need some shorter ones (15mm head size) and other bolts I may be missing??? My long alternator bolt to block is a hair smaller than thread hole on this one, can i just grab another size up from hardeware store same thread style??
Sorry Im having ocd moments of putting exaclty back how its suppose to be though on these I can cheat some. I also need another water pump pulley, nut for one motor mount stud, and different angle thermostat housing that points 4 o'clock ish as my old one did. This one that came with new intake manifold points straight up...

I regret loosing my bolts and all...
What's the easiest way to get old stuff like these most local part stores are 50/50...??
Temp sensors...oil pressure sensors etc....
Attached Images

86 gmc 2500 longbed Carb 5.7, rwd,
400 tranny.
ellisjay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 05:22 PM   #2
ellisjay2

Re: Accesory bracket and finding bolts for small block.....

I wouldn't mind using these shorts that were given to me, but I don't how much trouble that would cause with brackets for power steering, plus is have to notch Frame a hair for header not to touch frame where it looks to be plug for sensor.....stock ones miss frame as they turn straight down further away....
Attached Images

400 tranny.
Old 08-15-2021, 08:07 PM   #3
Nick_R_23

Your best bet will be to find a ‘you pick’ yard and grab what you need. You might also get lucky by posting an ad on Craigslist or Facebook, especially if you have a local Chevy or Squarebody group. Lots of people pulling out SBC’s for LS swaps now, so I’m sure there’s got to be one around with what you need.
Nick_R_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 12:31 AM   #4
ellisjay2

Craig'slist is a hit and miss, if I find anything it's way out State, im trying to find stuff right away i can pick up close. Face book market same thing, if I wasn't lookn for it it be all over. As common as these trucks are now, I never though it be this difficult to find stuff.
Some stuff I'm just gonna get from hardware store like alternate bolt that's just a hair smaller than bolt hole, water pump pulley bolts, crank pulley bolt, power steering stud, it be easier if these cam in a kit.

400 tranny.
Old 08-17-2021, 12:34 AM   #5
ellisjay2

Online seller are better selections than local stores , wouldn't it be easier to order all I need online and just have to wait, versus part store hunting to only not have or have an off brand part that would still have to be ordered??? Amazon is a no....eBay seems to have some, rock auto but then waiting a week???? Summit has mostly high performance stuff and high......

400 tranny.