The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2021, 07:41 PM   #8
LCato

Re: Replacing AC/Heater Fan Switch

Thanks again for the help Richard. Your comments gave me the guidance I needed.

Just to close this out for others in the future looking for guidance on this task – below are the steps I followed which took approximately 5 minutes to complete:

1. Remove the two large screws on the bottom edge of the dash that attaches the Temp Control Assembly to the dash.

2. Disconnect the Hose located behind the Temp Control Assembly that leads to the Left Defrost Vent. This will give you more room to position the Assembly.

3. The Fan Switch is attached to the Temp Control Assembly by two screws, but the Ignition Switch under the dash is blocking your access. Push the left side (Ignition side) of the Temp Control Assembly backwards so you can see and removed those two screws. You’ll have to apply constant pressure on the Temp Control Assembly to maintain access to those screws.

4. Replace the defective Switch with your new one and follow previous steps in reverse.
LCato is offline   Reply With Quote