The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2022, 10:24 PM   #1
ipitty_thefool

Painting to sell. What Color/s?

Hello, I have a 1972 k15 factory swb. I’ve had this truck for almost 23 years. My father and I decided to do a frame off restoration on it and turn it into a show truck to take it to car shows together. Long story short he passed away shortly after we started.

It sat for 2 years and I decided to finish it and sell it. We were going to do a black cherry paint job on it but after looking at the internet it looks like 2 tones seem to be what most guys want. The spid says the truck was White/Ochre, it was solid white before we got it sandblasted. I personally don’t like the White/Ochre color combination and would like to do something else.

I don’t know if any of this matters in terms of it holding value, but the frame, cab and spid vins match. Would painting it the original color be best for resale or could I do any color scheme?

I personally would love to black the whole thing out with a cowl hood, bumpers, grill, everything black and maybe some satin black highlights around the grill. I realize that just because I like it does not mean it will sell well.

I have painted cars for 15 years so I’m not worried about the cost of paying a shop to do whatever I decide to do.

Just need some good feedback.
ipitty_thefool is offline   Reply With Quote