The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-06-2022, 10:30 AM   #1
kipps

Re: Factory Vinyl Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
I like the fabric seat covers much better than all vinyl.
Seat cover question for you -- From a purely practical standpoint, is factory vinyl as good as it gets, or do you recommend something else? I'm thinking for a nice k20 truck that might have a three-day old calf scrambling around on the passenger seat at noon, and a well-dressed girlfriend sitting on that same seat in the evening. Are there sturdier and easier-to-clean options than factory vinyl that still have a classic good look to them? Does leather or any exotic treated fabric have an edge over vinyl in this case?
1987 C6P V20 truck, 2010 LMG 5.3, AFM delete, 2010 Camaro exhaust manifolds, 1997 nv4500, 1991 np241c, hydroboost, 2005 14bff axle & driveshaft, drop-n-lock gooseneck, 4.10 gears, stock suspension, rims, and tires. Still a work in progress. Any questions or suggestions are welcome!
kipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 10:38 AM   #2
TKCR

Re: Factory Vinyl Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipps View Post
Seat cover question for you -- From a purely practical standpoint, is factory vinyl as good as it gets, or do you recommend something else? I'm thinking for a nice k20 truck that might have a three-day old calf scrambling around on the passenger seat at noon, and a well-dressed girlfriend sitting on that same seat in the evening. Are there sturdier and easier-to-clean options than factory vinyl that still have a classic good look to them? Does leather or any exotic treated fabric have an edge over vinyl in this case?
If you may have a 3 day old calf in the seat at times, I would stick with the vinyl. It’s easy to clean.
Leather is expensive.

Last edited by TKCR; 08-06-2022 at 10:45 AM.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote