The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2022, 04:19 PM   #5
L98camino

Re: Help! A/C techs!

Thanks all for the input.

Hatzie, since there is only one switch in my trucks system, wouldn’t that make it a binary switch? Is it possible that there isn’t enough of a refrigerant charge in the system to close the low pressure side of the switch? The switch is normally closed with the proper system charge but right now it is open. I ask because he said he put a partial charge in and the compressor didn’t cycle, tossed it back in my court said there was no voltage to the clutch. I have checked all the wiring for the system, no issues. I have power at the A/C Heat relay and controller in all the right places and the relay operates as it should. If I jumper the accumulator cycling switch connector (close the switch) the clutch engages.
I am not a great fan of this guy but we are trading firewood for his machine and services so I am kind of stuck with him. Our idiot Governor made it illegal to sell refrigerants of any kind over the counter at parts stores. You have to be a licensed A/C tech to purchase or service the system.
I back flushed all the lines, condenser and evaporator, serviced the compressor with fresh 134a compatible oil.
What do you think?
Dan
L98camino is offline   Reply With Quote