The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-23-2022, 08:44 PM   #1
lks dcvn

Re: Blazer rust tips (floor/rocker boxes)

Congrats on getting to this point - it's really not that bad once you get all the parts you need.

Some additional thoughts now that you are getting under way.
  • use a thread chaser on all holes before you start - some of mine were not clean threads and I wish I would have done it before bolting anything together - I picked a set up at Summit and used it once I found a few issues
  • anti-seize is also your friend during assembly as you will take it apart a few times to get everything lined up
  • if you are restoring factory bolts - I would clean the thread on those as well to be safe
  • you will want to install the 'cargo floor' step up piece before you put on the bedsides as you won't have access to install it once they are in place.
  • I did need to bend/push/adjust my panels to get everything in to place - including expanding some existing holes (not visible) when panels are in place
  • my gaps are not perfect yet - all parts open close/latch as they should with no binding/sticking (I'm driving the hell out of this thing just so I can enjoy it

Looks like a great start. Good luck!

*Added an 'after' picture of my project (same truck from my post above) for inspiration*

Can you share more details on your issue with the 'bed mount' pairs being too short?
Attached Images

lks dcvn is offline   Reply With Quote